Big 3, most important?

orion25
10+ year member

I don't have a lot of free time to work on my car so...... Which of the big 3 upgrades is the most important? Which is second and which is third? In terms of bang for the buck (time)? System will eventually be a 400w sub amp and a 4x50 or 4x75 amp with plans to grow it in the future. Nissan Altima is the car.

I would if I had more than an hour available every couple of weeks. But I don't. Thus, why I wanted to know what order I should do them in. Work takes a lot of my time but it funds my toys. Work comes in a close second to my personal life. Neither work or personal life/relationships involve running wire under the hood of my car.

I would if I had more than an hour available every couple of weeks. But I don't. Thus, why I wanted to know what order I should do them in. Work takes a lot of my time but it funds my toys. Work comes in a close second to my personal life. Neither work or personal life/relationships involve running wire under the hood of my car.
well then I suggest you make up the wires on one free hour and install a couple weeks later on your next free hour! The reason I say this is all three wires work together and if you take one out the rest are pointless! so there is no best wire to do first.

well then I suggest you make up the wires on one free hour and install a couple weeks later on your next free hour! The reason I say this is all three wires work together and if you take one out the rest are pointless! so there is no best wire to do first.
Thanks for the reply. I will try to do this.....

Thanks for the reply. I will try to do this.....

for real man unless your alt is buried it should take more time making up the wires then installing it, in total the whole thing is only an hour long process but with what you say your going to run you really don't need to do anything to the car maybe a yellowtop upfront but that's about all.

So is there any reason to do the big 3 if you dont plan on installing a massive system?
nope! the big three is just a way of making the most of what you have it's not a miracle thing you really only notice it if you run a voltmeter in the car and the gain is tenths of a volt, but on a larger system or with an aftermarket HO alt it is needed.

Brah I don't think ur going to be run'n enough power to need the big three...

I'd just clean the contacts well...

Should be just fine...

I'm just say'n....

I don't have a lot of free time to work on my car so...... Which of the big 3 upgrades is the most important? Which is second and which is third? In terms of bang for the buck (time)? System will eventually be a 400w sub amp and a 4x50 or 4x75 amp with plans to grow it in the future. Nissan Altima is the car.
with 400w sub and 200watt mids and highs you dont need it

Well,it sure helps especially when turning the a/c on, and lights while running the stereo system..does help alot for sure,at least on my vehicles, but as Shadow mentioned..you prob wont need to with such little power you are draining/watts,.You may just get by with a good batt under the hood with clean connections.If you have issues later on, id do it then,but,you can always make time on your vehicle/maintain..It takes approx same amount of time as to change your oil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.