Big 3 Help PLEASE!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.Ronin_2U

Banned
I am ready to do the big 3 upgrade to my 02 Dodge Stratus,but I have a few ?'s.First of all is 4 gauge ok to use for this is all I have,alsoI am mainly confused as where hook the wire for the engine block any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is this ok for chassis?

chassisy.jpg

This is the alt cable right?

altq.jpg

What about this for mounting to engine block?

engineblock.jpg

dont use the exhaust for the block ground, try and ground to a bolt for the alt. the strut mount will work for the chassie ground and 4ga will work fine. how much power are you planning on running?

fiy, iam using 4ga in my big 3 and am running a fusion nvam25001 and a fosgate 500x 4ch. i have 2 redtops though but no dimming and can stay above 13v under high volume.

-vic

edit, yes thats the charge+ cable, run a new wire from there to your batt+

dont use the exhaust for the block ground, try and ground to a bolt for the alt. the strut mount will work for the chassie ground and 4ga will work fine. how much power are you planning on running?fiy, iam using 4ga in my big 3 and am running a fusion nvam25001 and a fosgate 500x 4ch. i have 2 redtops though but no dimming and can stay above 13v under high volume.

-vic

edit, yes thats the charge+ cable, run a new wire from there to your batt+
I am running 1200rms.

The ground on the engine that you circled is on the exhaust manifold. It is one of, if not, the hottest part of the car/engine. It is also separated from the engine block by a gasket and not the best place for electrical conductivity.

Now I think I have a 90amp alt.,so is this upgrade going to really do anything for me?I mean the alt. can only do so much,with a 1200rms amp.should I just upgrade the alt.?By the way I have a Sundown SAE 1200D,and I heard their underrated.

It might do nothing, but it will not hurt. In your case with the amp pulling 1200+ watts on it's own it should help as the stock grounds were not meant to take that much power... as a result they heat up more and cause more resistance. That resistance lowers your voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.