Big 3 advice

dsw1204

CarAudio.com Elite
Will doing the big 3 be of any benefit if running a standard, normal system. My setup is:

Head uit: Eclipse CD8051

Amp: Arc Audio KS900.6

Front Stage: Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components

Rear Deck: Eclipse 6x9 coaxial speakers (don't know model #)

Is there any benefit to doing the big 3 with this setup? I don't mind spending the money even if it is just a marginal benefit, but, if there is no benefit here, then I would not venture farther with this.

on that power it's not necessary, but it will not hurt to do it if you had the material to do so. It will improve (or better your current /connection) for future upgrades!! Because in car audio we always upgrading. If you have no plans for a bigger system one day then I would say no. But if you do have plans it'll be one less thing to do!!!

If it is even something that you are considering, go ahead and do it, it won't hurt to already have it in place when that ol itch to upgrade sets in. And it will hit you, sooner or later. You would rather have too much electrical upgrades, than too little.

Thanks, gentlemen, for the input. I think I will go ahead and do the big 3...just because. As to me not having a sub, well, with those Morels combined with the sound deadening I did, there really is enough bass for my liking...at least when I have the volume up and I am usually listening to my music at pretty loud levels. I don't want to take up a lot of space in my trunk with a sub, so if/when I do get a sub I think I will go with the Focal 27F Ouragan. My understanding of these subs is that I can just replace my Eclipse 6x9 coaxials with these as they are free air (or infinite baffle, right?) subs. If/when I do this, I may go the two amplifier route and having the big 3 done will definitely help, I am guessing.

I had a small sub/amp combo in a car a while back and even though I wasn't getting much dimming or anything, when I did new connections under the hood, everything got louder. Now I'll pretty much do the big 3 connections regardless of whether I have a sub or not. Even just to keep the electric fans and other auxiliary components from stressing the charging system much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.