Best Way to Mount Tweeters to Glass?

Hulk311
10+ year member

LA
I have a pair of RAINBOW CS 265 PROFI VANADIUMs I'd like to install in my car which just happens to have what I think is the perfect place for the tweeters however I need to know the best way to mount them to the glass. See photos below. I would like to mount the tweeters to the little triangle windows in the Apillar. I think that would be the perfect place for them as I can play with them for the best sound.

Any ideas what kind of material would work best to mount them to the glass?

2012-Buick-Verano3.jpg

2012buickveranoreview-12.jpg

I would use a 3/8" or 1/2" plywood triangle, cover it with vinyl or headliner fabric, and RTV it to the glass. RTV is removeable if you change your mind later.

But a better choice IMO is the A pillars themselves. You can hide wires behind the trim. Mounting to the glass will reduce your vision range and look fugly from the outside.

Nice pics BTW. Buick, yes?

I would use a 3/8" or 1/2" plywood triangle, cover it with vinyl or headliner fabric, and RTV it to the glass. RTV is removeable if you change your mind later.
But a better choice IMO is the A pillars themselves. You can hide wires behind the trim. Mounting to the glass will reduce your vision range and look fugly from the outside.

Nice pics BTW. Buick, yes?
limo tint them before the RTV...but, IMO, a better spot would be that little square area on the top forward corner of the door, just ahead of the door handle...possibly flush mount?

from what I understand metal tweets are considered harsh so you might think about mounting them on the base of the A pillar facing toward each other. I used the surface mount cup and mounted it close to the edge so it would hide the wire and mounted it with 3m 2 sided exterior foam tape, you could also use the tan post next to the A pillar if it is wide enough. Just saw the area on the grey panel above the vent, if you mount it on the side you can hide the wide the wire between panels.

I myself like the tweet to be right about flush mounted just at the side of the mids in the doors in that small tan panel,or where the door pulls are.Just my opinion:D

What do you guys think about me putting the 6.5 speakers in the doors (replacing the stock speakers) and putting the tweeters up in the dash (replacing the stock tweeters). Do you think the imaging will work well? You can see the location of the stock tweeters in the first photo, its up in the left hand side of the photo, next to the apillar on the dash. I'm a bit concerned because the dash looks to be flat, meaning the tweeters would be pointing straight up? Or maybe I could angle them somehow?

ag_12verano_intleft.JPG

buick-verano-03.jpg

http://media.gm.ca/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Nov/1128_BuickVerano/_jcr_content/iconrow/textfile/file.res/Buick_Verano_Bose%20System%20Illustration.pdf

Majority of stock locations are no good,and yes Imaging would be off/sound not as good as direct placement..As KeepHopeAlive stated,Experiment,Use tape if trying several locations for staging,and find that sweet spot for your own listening,My location recommendation may not be for you.Experiment with some tape in different locations

Why not just make it look professional and actually fiberglass pods that will fit in the a pillar? that would look the best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.