best type of box for an SUV?

60_cent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
atlanta, GA
My wife is now going to be driving my Legend and I'm going to be driving our 02 Mountineer.

I going to run a Memphis Belle and two Treo SS 12's. They are already in a vented boix tuned to 38htz that I used when I owned my caddy. The box was OK but I wasnot impressed with the low bass performance. I would like it to be very loud but clean with real good low bass performance.

I thinking about going with a large sealed box because of the new found space to work with but not sure how it will sound.

Any opinions?

Dont do anything but SELL ALL UR STUFF and BUY A REAL SUV.
Escalade anyone?
Wow, 16 years old and talking sh**. What a joke. How about getting off the computer and go do your homework you loser..... :hilarious

Wow, 16 years old and talking sh**. What a joke. How about getting off the computer and go do your homework you loser..... :hilarious
Indeed, where did that come from?

Anyway, why do you want to swap to a sealed box because of the new found room? If you want lower bass tune the box lower. IMO a ported box in that thing tuned to 32-35 will pound. Has the transmission mount and timing belt been replaced on that legend?

thats really gross buddy.
Your momma has no teeth so shes perfect at her job.
You're a moron.

Anyway, I think a bigger ported box may do the job. But i have also heard a bandpass in a Oldsmobile Bravada, and it sounded awesome, pretty complex design, but it did quite good. You could also try an ABC box, they don't seem super hard to build, just need about 5 cubes.

oh **** no. you are one of the biggest idoits ive seen on here. its one thing to have an opinion but its another to talk **** like your some ****in king. Lincolns are wannabe SUV's? i think you just learned about 5 minutes ago that LIncoln and Mercury were the same thing and are tryin to impress us with your "knowledge" by talkin **** about mercury and then saying lincolns ****. were not impressed. but we are impressed by how ****ing dumb you are, now THATS an accomplishment.

Well,Iam sorry to interfear.But,I'am going to get a little wanna-be S,U,V. And Iwas wanting a few box suggestions please!I'am buying a 95-98"Geo Tracker or Suzuki Sidekick.And putting a dynamatted hardtop on it.Can,I get some suggestions on a enclosure.And not my ride or mom talked about.My mom just passed.And I'am putting together a little comp truck;in the memory of her.She use to always tell me to go ahead and compete.Now,she's gone and this is something that I must do!!

Well,Iam sorry to interfear.But,I'am going to get a little wanna-be S,U,V. And Iwas wanting a few box suggestions please!I'am buying a 95-98"Geo Tracker or Suzuki Sidekick.And putting a dynamatted hardtop on it.Can,I get some suggestions on a enclosure.And not my ride or mom talked about.My mom just passed.And I'am putting together a little comp truck;in the memory of her.She use to always tell me to go ahead and compete.Now,she's gone and this is something that I must do!!
I'm sorry to hear that, anyway, in a car that little with an open cabin and sounddeadened, you can hit very high numbers, so atleast thats promising. I'd say go ported with a box taking up as much space as you can possible give up. Port it high, can't tell you exactly but 40-46 would probably be a good place for comps, and then obviously much lower for daily driving. Goodluck with the system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.