Best SQ sub that hits hard

Participant count
  • Participant list

kscowboy
10+ year member

Looking for a good quality sub to add to my Yukon build. I want the sound to be amazing but i still want it to hit hard. I was looking at the Jl w7 or some DD's but didn't know if any of the DD's produced good quality sound or if they were just used for SQL applications. Either looking at 2x10's or maybe 2x12's. JBL processor will be used along with arc amp. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back on topic here. The best idea is to consider your goals for the sub stage. Are you just wanting s little low end that compliments the rest of the setup, or are you wanting more? That answer should get you on the right track. The next thing to tackle is enclosure. The space you are willing to work with will dictate what subs you will be able to use.

here we go, again,.. lulz
hi nizzy
Whats up Nudes!!

Lol well what can you do here? I think there is no point to the term SQL, Sound Quality doesn't mean it doesn't or can't get "loud." Sound Quality encompasses the ability to get loud as well if that is the way the SQ setup is designed, plain and simple. No reason to create nonsensical terminology.

Thanks for the help fellas. They are going in the back of my Yukon Denali so area won't be an issue. I wanted to try to have a box made that i can keep my storage area but reality sat in and i think i am going to have to sacrifice the storage in order to get the box back behind the last row of seats.

Goals are to make a great sounding system but i want to have the added bass because i do think it makes the audio experience much better.

Thanks again for the guidance.

You can do something like a pair of 10s in a nice ported enclosure. Most subs as long as the enclosure is designed properly will perform very well and give some great sound. The more determining factor would be the budget you have for subs and enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.