Best SQ 10's?

drewbillingsley
10+ year member

I'm looking to get either 1 or 2 10s to go in my trunk and I'm mainly just wanting it to sound amazing. I still want to feel it for sure, but I'm more concerned with SQ. I had 2 sa15s in my old truck but now since I have a car space is a lot more limited. I want to still have a little room in my trunk. I just haven't seen many topics about who makes better SQ subs than others. I'm not looking for a Strictly SQ sub, because I still do want to beat, just want to make sure the sound quality is great. Thanks, let me know what you guys think

JBL GTi MKII, JL W7 both must be mentioned. I recommend you consider a ported enclosure, even though many people are going to say you have to go sealed for sound quality. I have prefered the sound of sealed subs, but the gain in efficiency with a ported enclosure makes it so much easier to get loud. You can always build for both to try it yourself with the same sub.

I've only heard an LD-8 from Tantric, but I was very impressed with the sound quality in a ported enclosure. The output wasn't where I personally need it to be, but a pair of 10s would be much more substantial.

Ported enclosures can sound better IMHO than sealed. People who don't have much experience in different types ported enclosures don't understand the capabilities you have. That being said though with little space you are better off picking a woofer that handles better in a sealed application to save on space.

If I just go with one 10, I'll have plenty of room to put it in a good size ported box. I'll probably go with just one so that I can have it in a fairly large box for one 10 so that it'll get at least a little bit low

I am running a set of the older model re se10d4's. They are in a sealed enclosure, .65 each. I like how they sound. It is getting hard to find those as of late though. I don't have any experience with the newer model. Sonicelectronix did have the se pro 10d4, basically the same as mine. They do fairly well in the sq arena, and sound well doing so, and get pretty low. Just my .02.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.