best single sub for under rear seat of 2012 Ford F150??

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sundown Audio has a shallowish mount 10" sub (The SD-10) that would deal with 400 watts just fine. The shallow mount will allow for a downfire style box maybe even sidefiring a 3" aeroport.

Sundown Audio has a shallowish mount 10" sub (The SD-10) that would deal with 400 watts just fine. The shallow mount will allow for a downfire style box maybe even sidefiring a 3" aeroport.
Do you have any personal experience with them?

No. I've just researched a lot. I'm running under-seat boxes in my work truck but I've been running American Bass XD10s which would be a decent choice too but they are a little more mounting depth than the Sundowns. I'm about to switch to 4x 8" subs forward firing with the 3" aeroports.

Im sure it would do fine ..do u already have a amp ..maybe think about bumping it up to 600 ...a 600rms mono amp should be cheap
it's actually for a friend. he had a 4 channel that he planned on bridging 2 channels but if it would sound better to get a mono im sure he will

it's actually for a friend. he had a 4 channel that he planned on bridging 2 channels but if it would sound better to get a mono im sure he will
Yea buy a decent mono ..save that 4ch for the mids and highs...ask him what his budget for a amp is maybe we can suggest a winner

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.