Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

Which subs to get

• Total voters
the coil is verrrry beefy. sub is built for 2k but that is only because of the cone material. the coil is good for close to 3k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

the tc sounds 3hp and this is the good one with the thick top plate is worth 150 all day

SPLaudio builds some beefy gear, and you will never be able to kill that square sub with the power you're throwing at it right now. With that said, I personally have always preferred the round subs aesthetically and sound wise. Square subs always sounded a little different to me for some reason. Either way, you can't go wrong. Just flip a coin lol, that's what I'd do.

At only 1600 watts I can't believe ppl are recommending one of the best mechanically compliant subs at 5k+. If you are running a legit 1600 watts for a burp box I can think of only two 12" woofers under $300 I'd run in 2 cubes for burps and that's a SA-12 or a RF Hx2 (if you can find one).

Did a 54.1 on a SA-12 on 1900 watts and a 54.4 on 2200 with an Hx2.

I've heard of 56s on tantric and DD 12s but on like 4k+

At only 1600 watts I can't believe ppl are recommending one of the best mechanically compliant subs at 5k+. If you are running a legit 1600 watts for a burp box I can think of only two 12" woofers under $300 I'd run in 2 cubes for burps and that's a SA-12 or a RF Hx2 (if you can find one).
Did a 54.1 on a SA-12 on 1900 watts and a 54.4 on 2200 with an Hx2.

I've heard of 56s on tantric and DD 12s but on like 4k+
Not sure what a burp box is but im just trying to get the best for my money. Ill invest in a larger amp down the road.

My mistake I thought you were trying to compete in a class with that power rating. If you're looking to play music disregard what I said. For music I'd be lookin at a tantric hd12 or a sundown x12

My mistake I thought you were trying to compete in a class with that power rating. If you're looking to play music disregard what I said. For music I'd be lookin at a tantric hd12 or a sundown x12
Well that X12 is $350 plus shippping. The square 12 and HDC312 are within my budget. The square should get louder.

Well that X12 is $350 plus shippping. The square 12 and HDC312 are within my budget. The square should get louder.
The HDC312 is $30 less for a aluminum coil woofer. Copper coil is rated at 1k rms. Might as well go for a Fi SSD 12 for that price with more cooling and customization.

I personally hate square woofers so I'd never run one but it's your choice to make.

Nothing against the Soundqubed woofers either, they are great I ran them myself for a while. I ran three 12s and after six months of pounding on them they were still as stiff as when I got them. Low end monsters for sure. For comps I ran one 12 on 5k but Skip01 had better luck with one 12 than I was able to. I couldn't feed enough power to it to get to gain. Kind of leveled off, I don't think my stock vehicle loaded in a way that the woofer liked. I ran sub up port sideways for peak. Only single sub I've done that with in my jeep. It's almost always sub up port back or sub forward port back. Mechanically it's extremely stout, maybe too much so for the power you are running them bishes won't even move haha, so you won't have to worry there unless you tune real high and play like 20Hz below tuning

The HDC312 is $30 less for a aluminum coil woofer. Copper coil is rated at 1k rms. Might as well go for a Fi SSD 12 for that price with more cooling and customization.
I personally hate square woofers so I'd never run one but it's your choice to make.

Nothing against the Soundqubed woofers either, they are great I ran them myself for a while. I ran three 12s and after six months of pounding on them they were still as stiff as when I got them. Low end monsters for sure. For comps I ran one 12 on 5k but Skip01 had better luck with one 12 than I was able to. I couldn't feed enough power to it to get to gain. Kind of leveled off, I don't think my stock vehicle loaded in a way that the woofer liked. I ran sub up port sideways for peak. Only single sub I've done that with in my jeep. It's almost always sub up port back or sub forward port back. Mechanically it's extremely stout, maybe too much so for the power you are running them bishes won't even move haha, so you won't have to worry there unless you tune real high and play like 20Hz below tuning
And you think the X12 will get louder then all the others? ( just added a poll)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...