Best sealed subs for impact tight bass and rock?

DD's are in a different category. I remember when the Brahma originally came out a lot of people had issues with them being "low output" especially in sealed apps. That motor design is cleaner sounding than most people are used to. XBL is a little inefficient compared other motor designs too. I hope your last Koda survives - maybe rewire it to 8 ohms.
I'm not worried about it. It's gonna get replaced with stereo Integrity sql 10s anyway. They are a little more beefy than the kodas lol.

My 8 inch koda is getting replaced with a dd vo-w710 which with its triple shorting rings should perform well and at 1200w rms should handle that mm1000 just fine.

The sql10s will be put on a soundigital 3k which is again more power than needed but I doubt I will want to turn it up much.

And you're right clean sounding subs don't sound as loud, but I tune with a measurement mic and can tell you they ran out of juice long before my highs.

If I were to try a low power build again it would be probably 2 15s ib in the Ole lady's car. Maybe 1 18ib.

My truck just needs too much to get a decent volume. My 2 sundown sa10v2 were about perfect and I almost hate that I sold them

I'm not worried about it. It's gonna get replaced with stereo Integrity sql 10s anyway. They are a little more beefy than the kodas lol.

My 8 inch koda is getting replaced with a dd vo-w710 which with its triple shorting rings should perform well and at 1200w rms should handle that mm1000 just fine.

The sql10s will be put on a soundigital 3k which is again more power than needed but I doubt I will want to turn it up much.

And you're right clean sounding subs don't sound as loud, but I tune with a measurement mic and can tell you they ran out of juice long before my highs.

If I were to try a low power build again it would be probably 2 15s ib in the Ole lady's car. Maybe 1 18ib.

My truck just needs too much to get a decent volume. My 2 sundown sa10v2 were about perfect and I almost hate that I sold them
SI makes nice subs. I'm an XBL guy myself, but I tend to listen to neutral/flat sounding drivers in general.

I'm checking out the Dayton lineup and it's hard to tell what their sealed box requirements are. The reference ho series looks good to me, maybe run 4 of their tens or 6 of the eights. Eights definitely do sound good on rock n metal
I'm running a dayton rss265ho-4 10" as front sub in too small of box and it sounds clean and punchy. I put it in a 1 cuft box before I installed in my saturn and it got low for a 10 and sounded really nice

I'd still consider a pair sql-15's on 3k if you can squeeze them in. They only need 2 cuft per sub

Last edited:
I'm running a dayton rss265ho-4 10" as front sub in too small of box and it sounds clean and punchy. I put it in a 1 cuft box before I installed in my saturn and it got low for a 10 and sounded really nice

I'd still consider a pair sql-15's on 3k if you can squeeze them in. They only need 2 cuft per sub
If I had the mounting depth I certainly would do that

If I had the mounting depth I certainly would do that
The reference ho I'm running sounds really good. about .75 - 1 cuft would be about right.

mine is in a box barely big enough to mount it 😂

20231205_074421.jpg

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...