Best Indash 1/2 din EQ?

matt_bennett05
10+ year member

mattchoo!
I'm thinking about purchasing an indash 1/2 din (5band +) MODERN Eq for my truck. After trying to do some reasearch, I couldn't find too much useful info. I know of the Audiocontrol 4 band and know it is a good unit but i would like a little more control over the whole spectrum. Any suggestions? And not a trunk mount I want indash.

There are a lot of nice indash EQs I have a big collection of old school EQs I hope to ad an old school Kove Audio Aphex processor to my Porsche 928 either this week or next...I'm gonna put up a 1/2 din old school Sherwood 5.1 processor pretty soon...It has a lot of really neat features ...

You know i was kind of hoping you would be the one to chime in and enlighten me. Wish I had the inhouse "Audio Megamart" of sorts to learn from (not bashing...just daydreaming) Whats the age/specs of the Sherwood unit?

I have the clarion EQS746, and it works pretty well for what I want it to do, adjustments are simple and has volume and sub control built in, which i find is a little easier than HU volume and bass knob. Think I only paid 50 or 60 for it, as an added benefit its a line driver

Here are some Specs on the Sherwood it sold for about $1000 back in the day...

Sherwood DTS and Circle Surround processor for car audio system

Model X-DTS80

- takes digital input and outputs 5.1 Surround analog output.

- does have ability to make a 'phantom center' so no center speaker required.

- can turn subwoofer off

- DTS Decoder

- Circle Surround Decoder

- can take analog input

- 1/2 DIN size

I tried to do some research (while on break @ work ~15mins) and couldn't come up with much info. I do think I would like it but I would be willing to bet i wouldn't be willing to pay what it's worth historically wise. Idk pm me anyway.....

BUMP BTW!!!

Moar Open-yuns?

This was one of my favorite 1/2 DIN EQ's It is an old school Advent from the 90's ...it has independant front and rear equalization...which is neat in a front stage bi amp setup or front and rear fill...another unique feature is its built in BBE processor that lets you fine tune your sound for even more detail and clarity....It actually looks way better than the pics make it out to be....

adventeq001.jpg

adventeq002.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.