best HU's- budget $500-750

billy98sport
10+ year member

the bang of the small one
im goin mainly for SQ here guys. nothin big and loud, i just want an HU that plays MP3s and has really good eq options. i also want it to put out b/c i no longer have an amp to my highs and mids. so anywhere from 500-750$ ..... what the best one for the price, right now im leaning towards the pioneer 940.... anyothers?

I have an Alpine 7897, sweet sq. If you're amping your speakers, get the 7998. From what I've heard and experienced with these decks, you can't go wrong with sq.

For $750, I would probably go with an Eclipse 8 series deck and add an IPOD for mp3. That, or get the 8443 for $419 and put the rest of the cash toward the 20 gig hard drive unit that should be out(my guess is shortly after CES).

Other than that, probably a pioneer

i just installed the 940 and it is simply awesome, i love it. VERY easy to navigate, much easier than you may think, and great SQ (at least on the rears that it is powering). I used to have the Alpine 9811 (not a fair comparison i know) and what the Alpine left to be desired was covered in the 940. It does have rather slow MP3 scanning though.

For SQ I would get alpin and kenwood. For sound options I would get kenwood and pioneer. I have had sony, pioneer, alpine and kenwood decks. Alpine and Kenwood had the best SQ and their cd to niose ration is 105 compared to a pioneer which is 94. What I hated about the alpines (CDA-7892 and 7894) was the display. I am much happier with my kenwood now (KDC-X969).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.