Best Ground?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TooFastForYa
10+ year member

I just got a Alpine CDA-9815 deck, and I am wondering about wiring it because it requires the power cable to be run to the battery. That I understand. What I would like to know is where the best place to run the ground is. Right now I have a temp deck and I just have it grounded to one of the little brackets behind the deck, but I wouldn't think that it is a very good ground. Also, I plan on getting some amps sometime and will be running 4 guage or larger wire for them. Where should I run the ground for them?

Thanks,

TooFast

If YOu can find a spot in the car where you don't think you will ever see, can get at and not afraid to drill a hole you can do it very well.

First find a good place with good thick metal if possible.

Then find a hevy gauge wire and connector that you want to use the connector should have a hole in it.

Then find a bolt that you can use it to secure it to the metal and drill sufficiant hole and mount it tight hide you wire in a good spot and you can split that from there.

The best place to do it is where the spare tire is if you have one or used to.

Originally posted by thenewkid If YOu can find a spot in the car where you don't think you will ever see, can get at and not afraid to drill a hole you can do it very well.

First find a good place with good thick metal if possible.

Then find a hevy gauge wire and connector that you want to use the connector should have a hole in it.

Then find a bolt that you can use it to secure it to the metal and drill sufficiant hole and mount it tight hide you wire in a good spot and you can split that from there.

The best place to do it is where the spare tire is if you have one or used to.
Ok... you may want to make your ground as short as possible. Grounding the HU in the trunk isn't the best idea, unless your HU is in the trunk. Also- when drilling a hole in metal- do not forget to scrape all the paint away from where the washer on the bolt will come into contact with the metal. Any paint you leave behind will not be good for the ground.

you also dont need to even drill. if you find a part w/ a screw in your trunk already, you can use that. make sure the surface part and screw is clean and bare metal.

i grounded to a screw on my antena pod area

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.