Best enclosure for SA 8v.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

reible82nd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just landed a pair of SA 8v.1s in a slot vented enclosure and the enclosure they came in clearly isn't made for them. What kind of enclosure will these things shine in? I've never owned a pair of Sundown subs, or anything else for that matter, so I'm at a loss.

I'll have to take some measurements of the current box. It's tuned pretty high though because it's more pronounced high higher frequencies but fades pretty quickly below 60hz or so. I discovered that these are v1.5s also. I noticed there were some free box plans on here, would a 1.6 ft3 tuned at 32hz do alright?

Each sub is about .10 ft3 so the box plan I saw would end up being 1.4 ft3 net. Would the tuning change on the enclosure from 32hz after the subs are mounted?

82nd airborne? I used to be a 13F in the 2nd128 Field Arty. They love small and low tuned boxes might have go aero on the port tho to keep it as small as you want yours. I know because mine had to go aero port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.