Best Configuration to sell some Infinity Reference 1230W's?

45auto
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alight, here's the deal, I found a lick where I can get these subs for really cheap...

I don't have many hours at work right now, so I'm on the grind and I need money.

But I don't wanna sell the subs straight up, because that's not enough profit for me...

I was thinking of throwing them in a nice little enclosure and selling them for a nice little come up... I can get good prices on boxes too. I was also thinking of throwing them in my trunk, and trying to sell it on the street to somebody.

So, these are sq subs right? Should I seal them, or will I make more money venting them? Because I usually see vented enclosures going for more, and getting way more bids on Ebay. Is everyone out for spl?

Possible Configurations:

1: 1 of them sealed

2: 1 of them ported

3. 2 of them sealed

4. 2 of them ported

What's gonna be the most profitibale for me? Because I'm hurting right now...

If you're gonna sell em on the street, you're going to find mostly people who want systems that are loud. I would sell 2 of them in ported boxes.

not to shabby...exactly how much can you get them for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

If you're gonna sell em on the street, you're going to find mostly people who want systems that are loud. I would sell 2 of them in ported boxes.

Wow, after writing this thread, I went out to the club with my friend, and we're broke, so we just sat outside in the car, we we're listening to some southern rap, banging out hard, so later, a car pulls up behind me, the guy gets out after a few minutes, and rolls up a blunt and starts to smoke it, and a few minutes later, he walked over to my car, and asked me what I had in the trunk, and that he wanted to buy it from me, but I told him I wasn't selling my 15's right now... I tried to sell him my 12's but he said he had 2 12's already in his car. I should have asked him for the specs, but I didn't really want to get into that with some random guy.

Something like that is perfect... And yeah, you're right, people on the streets are gonna want LOUD, so I'm just gonna get a nice litte vented box, advertise and try to sell them out of my trunk, or just Ebay it.

I think people will be more likely to buy something from you on the spot if you're actually using it yourself, and not just grabbing it from your garage. + They get to hear what it sounds like right then. Now my broke ass is trying to justify getting a new amp, so I can play whatever I have in my trunk louder, as I can write it off to myself as a "Business expenditure"... I'm terrible, and poor.

not to shabby...exactly how much can you get them for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

About $9 a piece. And the box can be had for like $25 at Best Buy, or if I can catch my connect at the right time... $9.

About $9 a piece. And the box can be had for like $25, or if I can catch my connect at the right time... $9.

lol are they svc 8s? lol I might be interested, Gonna be fun trying to fit 4 w0s in my trunk.

I don't know yet... That's the problem, the seller doesn't know much about them, but has a ton.

We'll see soon.

It would be interesting to know exactly how a person comes across "a ton" of USED infinity subs......

So why doesnt he sell them, surely he knows he can get more than $9 each out of them?

the 1230w would be a SVC 4 ohm. I would be very skeptical if someone offered me a ton of used ones at 9$ a piece...

I'm slightly skeptical too...

Tomorrow, I will get it and test it out, and post the results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.