Best cheap 4x6?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Darwin
10+ year member

Situation is thus: I have two 10" subs and four 4"x6" speakers. To my knowledge, the speakers don't have an amp powering them. They are Pioneers (TS-A4612s in the front, TS-A4615s in the back). Whoever had the car before me put them in I guess. They are pretty decent speakers, and I wouldn't have a problem with them except that one of the rear ones is blown (I assume; it buzzes a lot at certain sound tones). I've been living with the buzz, but I think I want to replace it. I'm going to go ahead and replace the other rear one too, so as to keep it symmetric and all. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I think while I'm replacing them I might as well bump up the quality. I'm not willing to get an amp, so they're gonna have to power from my head unit (an Aiwa POS at the moment, 45x4 I believe).

So I'm not like a major quality freak, but I just don't want to buy the crappy brand of speakers, you know? ;D How are Clarions? From what I read they seem pretty good. I'm looking at the SRC-6453s in particular. They apparently retail for $130/pair, but I can find them on eBay for less than $50/pair.

Any input is greatly appreciated. =) For more specifics on my system, check out 240.yorb.net (CarDomain page).

Thanks!

Thanks! That does seem like a darn good deal. Although they claim that those retail for $80, whereas these Clarions are $44 and claim to retail for $130.

You think I should go with the Infinitys? This is more of an expirement than anything else for me, so I'm not biased in any way... By the way, the Pioneers that are in there now I think retail (or did when they were new) for like $70-90.

Get the Alpine SPS-460A. I bought these for my Jeep and they are freaking amazing, and they have a low RMS because you don't need a lot of power to make these things sound awesome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.