Best bang for your sub?

kevin85193
10+ year member

boost?
NJ
Okay, heres the situation. I'm a total nut when it comes to anything with my car right now. I've been all over with things to do with it. I was going to save up for a custom turbo kit, but thats going to take awhile, so I think I just want to get a sub in there to keep me happy.

I drive a 98 Integra GS-R with the rear seats removed. I'm looking for more of an SPL sub, but want SQ with it. My budget is; I don't know, lol. I just want my best bang for the buck. Possibly 2 10's, 2 12's, or even 1 12', 1 10'. I'm thinking $230

I'm not looking to enter any competitions. I listen to everything from rock/punk/rap/emo/ ect.

If you could also post a amp that would go well with it.

Right now my car consists of Apline 9807/ RE 6.5's (still debating on the amp to get for them) and rear stock speakers.

sorry for this crappy post, but ya

i woud have to say that best bang for the buck award has to go to the kicker comp vrs or the memphis power referance series. but this is only if you get them on ebay or by an internet site that is most liekly not an authorized dealer.

besides, if you have over 400 bucks then you dont need to mess around with these subs, because you can do a little bit better i think

Okay, heres the situation. I'm a total nut when it comes to anything with my car right now. I've been all over with things to do with it. I was going to save up for a custom turbo kit, but thats going to take awhile, so I think I just want to get a sub in there to keep me happy.
I drive a 98 Integra GS-R with the rear seats removed. I'm looking for more of an SPL sub, but want SQ with it. My budget is; I don't know, lol. I just want my best bang for the buck. Possibly 2 10's, 2 12's, or even 1 12', 1 10'. I'm thinking $230

I'm not looking to enter any competitions. I listen to everything from rock/punk/rap/emo/ ect.

Right now my car consists of Apline 9807/ RE 6.5's (still debating on the amp to get for them) and rear stock speakers.

if you've already got the rear seats removed, than why not save for a little longer and build a homemade turbo kit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

what motor do you have? my friend has a turbo kit for his LS motor, but doesn't intend to use it. all he needs is an intake manifold.

I have b18c (GS-R motor). Yeah, I'm all over the place with my car. It's like I can wait to be boosted, but I'd like to have sound first. I know all the parts I want.. It's just that if I get brand new from honda-tech dealers, with tuning nad all, i'm going to need atleast $3500 . but, it'll be worth it. Boost 10psi on stock internals and make 280whp :0

take your 3500 and just go natral asp you will be more happy. boost brakes things one wrong move and there is 2500 on a new motor it has to be dialed in perfect but it will still run good and bad depending on the day and the tuner.

IDK how much they go for but if u can get 2 12" 2005 CVRs. They SLAM. Get an enclosure from http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/

You'll hit over 140 db easy.

I hit 140db with a 15" AA Atlas on the low qts setting. Heres a pic of my box from his site
62624101509_468.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif for that much money you better be doing better then 10 psi
ugh, without a built block the motor will blow. 10 is a safe level. You could boost 12 on b18c, but thats pushing it. I'd rather have my car run longer then blow my motor. Some kits that dont even come with everything go for $3500.

I'm piecing together a kit. Everything new + tuning + everything should come out to $3500. But, it's going to be a kit the can handle more then 350whp+

as far as subs you should call Re audio and see if you have a dealer in your area, if you do then you should check out the SE subs they have great SQ and SPL....

if you dont have a dealer in your area then I think they are like 170 or something like that...

there's afew setups..

2 12 shivas...

1 mtx 9510 woofer

2 kicker L5's

or a cheap route

2 kicker comp 12's powered by a 300 watt amp ran @ 2ohms!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.