best bang for buck

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingbrew06
10+ year member

hey guys what svc 4ohm sub would be the best bang for a cheap price i have been running kicker c10 but i keep popping the cones and i have since bought one pg rsd10 i like it but i dont know if it is better than the kickers because i have been running 2kickers with the one pg should i switch to all pgs or go to another sub altogether thanks guys

i run three in a series to bring it down as close to 1 ohm as possible my box i had made for my car is made for three and i started with mtx but blew them in like a month. tell me about these subs i have never been a fan of jbl but what do u think about the pg rsd10s

i know dual is what everyone wants but ive tried to stay with the singles what is the difference my amp is mono and my box is mad with only one speaker wire input

Not as familiar with the Pg, at least not that model. I have experience with both the Polks and Jbls however, and I would say both are better than the c10 if that matters. 3svc in paralell is the same load as 3dvc2 in series. Just another wiring option if needed.

As to the Pgs tho, i would imagine for a budget sub they would be fine

one input is fine, series them up and then paralell them to box

well the pgs are not that cheap they retail at 149 and i got mine of 75 so they are a little more than the ones u suggested but price is not everything well thanks for the input i might check out the jbls ill let u know

well i went out and got the pg rsds just cause i wanted them and there is not enough air space in my box sounds like one of the subs is making a slaping sound so i guess i have to get a new box does anyone know of a good place to get a triple whole 10" box wired mono

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.