Best Amplifier for Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Mount 12" sub.

Its dual 2 ohms. Is that the info your after? Sorry imNot sure what all this technical talk is about. Im

New to audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That's why they're after. The voice coil configuration will determine how you will wire your sub to the amp. The amp you choose has to be compatible with the sub in that regard. So basically, without that info, they can't truly guide you in the right direction. JL and RF both make quality amps. Just expensive, but I understand you're limited where you are. Kicker amps are also pretty good. With a Dual 2 ohm sub, you'll want to find an amp that does 400watts rms at 1 ohm.

Why is it that i would need to find an amp at 400rms 1 ohm? If my sub is 400rms at 2 ohm? Thank you for all your help again guys and gals!
That's not what you told us...

Its dual 2 ohms. Is that the info your after? Sorry imNot sure what all this technical talk is about. Im

New to audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
If it is, in fact, dual 2 ohm. You'll want to wire like this:

1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

or like this:

1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Either will work. You can use an amp that does 400@1 or 4 ohms. Typically, it's less expensive to find power at a lower ohm load.

Now if you sub is dual 4 ohm, then yes, you'll want your power at two ohms.

my electrics are stock yes. Can u explain what you mean about stock electrics? Because ive bought the sub, jist waiting for amp before i get it all wired up. Is the kx400 a good amp then?

Also my matee has got a rockford fosgate t1 and is getting a focal amp. Is that a good combination?

my electrics are stock yes. Can u explain what you mean about stock electrics? Because ive bought the sub, jist waiting for amp before i get it all wired up. Is the kx400 a good amp then?
Also my matee has got a rockford fosgate t1 and is getting a focal amp. Is that a good combination?
If your sub dual 4 ohm, then yes. That kicker amp will do just fine.

Focal makes more than one amp. T1's come in more than one voice coil configuration. We'd need more details before being able to comment on his setup.

If your sub dual 4 ohm, then yes. That kicker amp will do just fine.
Focal makes more than one amp. T1's come in more than one voice coil configuration. We'd need more details before being able to comment on his setup.
ok... I am aware that the sub is dual 2 ohm. What does this mean? What amps are good for this sub?

Can someone list a few please so i can research them and find out more. Thanks

P3SD212 DUAL 2 OHM 400 RMS 800W PEAK IS THE INFO ON SUB

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.