best amp

nicster
10+ year member

Anyone Have a great experence with a No name amp, or a gernic amp? Please Let me know. Also I would like to hear some things about Boss Amps, From whatI hear they push there own weight. Jbl? Any kind of amp. I would Just like some opinions on amps. Any size, But more dealing with 2 channel / mono 300watts +..

Thanks

boss puts out only half because most of the cheaper brands are rated at there MAX power, thats why when people talk bout legacy n all that **** like " i got a 2400 watt legacy system today" oh really? i bet u its only runnin like 600rms, and still not goin to 2400max but, for how much they are i figure they couldnt hurt if ur lookin for a little bump.... my guy had a nice boss, but they blow after a while....

i have had good and bad experiences with boss first i hate the subs as you may have heard in another thread

boss h/u lasted 4 months exploded and ripped a $2000 hole in my new car

boss speakers i have a pair of the 6 1/2" splits mounted in a .5 cubic foot box in my bedroom and they pound like a tight woman at 2 in the morning Hard

they are getting aroung 80 rms each

IVE PROBABLY HAD EVERY BRAND OF AMP THATS EVER BEEN MADE AND AS FAR AS POWER AND ABILITY TO DRIVE WOOFERS OR SUBS WHICHEVER YOU PREFER TO CALL THEM MY NUMBER 1 CHOICE IS ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH #2 IS HIFONICS #3 IS PRECISION POWER (PPI) # 4 IS MTX RAW POWER BUT TAMED #5 IS CERWIN VEGA # 6 NAKAMICHI WHICH HAS A VERY CLEAN BALANCED SOUND #7 WOULD BE ALL THE REST NOTE: SOME CALL A WATT 50 WATTS WHILE SOME CALL A WATT 300 WATTS BUT THEY ARE ALL THE SAME GO BY SIZE AND WEIGHT WHEN DEALING WITH ANY AMP IN THE # 7 CATAGORY

Lose the caps.

another thing to consider about amps like boss, pyle, pyramid, legacy, jensesn and other flea market **** is how much of its actual RMS is distortion - example - its ays 1500WATTS on the box for $9.99 inclduing some useless free $hit. 1500WATTS RMS for $9.99? u must be smoking crack.

the amp will prbbaly only realistically produce 400RMS maximum on a very good day and probably half of that will be distortion so hook it up to a nice driver and watch it be quiote uncomfortable...........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.