Best amp to run JL W6s

Santyy6

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nm
I’m looking for the best option to run 3 10”JL audio W6s, Iv been using a kicker 2500.1 but when the bass knob is up to high it cuts out and goes into protection mode? I’m looking to either find a fix for my current amp or upgrade to something better. Please help!

I’m looking for the best option to run 3 10”JL audio W6s, Iv been using a kicker 2500.1 but when the bass knob is up to high it cuts out and goes into protection mode? I’m looking to either find a fix for my current amp or upgrade to something better. Please help!
What ohm subs and how do you have them wired? That might be part of your problem

I agree with YukonXL04. If they are all paralleled d4ohm subs, you are getting a 0.66ohm load to a 1 ohm amp. If they are d2ohm it will be a 0.33ohm load. It is good that your amp has not burned out. I would parallel 3 voice coils, then I would series the result for a load of 2.6 ohms. If that is too high, other options are to forgo one sub or trade the Kicker for an JL Audio Slash series amp. They are designed for those kind of impedances.

I would agree that there is NO NEED to remove that amplifier. If done correctly those subs will be resting at 2.7ohms. That amp will punish those subs all day. Back up a bit, double check the subs wiring after testing each coil to make sure they are still ok, reset the gain properly.

pin-by-robert-on-cars-in-2019-car-audio-systems-car-audio-audio.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, keep your amp and properly set your gains.
m
Yo
Wow, keep your amp and properly set your gains.
I would agree that there is NO NEED to remove that amplifier. If done correctly those subs will be resting at 2.7ohms. That amp will punish those subs all day. Back up a bit, double check the subs wiring after testing each coil to make sure they are still ok, reset the gain properly.
pin-by-robert-on-cars-in-2019-car-audio-systems-car-audio-audio.jpg

So the subs are wired like the diagram just not from one to the next does that make the difference? Also the amp is the ZX2500.1 kicker amp mono D. Not a 2 Channel. Sorry I’m not super educated when it comes to all this stuff that’s why I’m here haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.