Best 6x9 Speaker

WTF do you need 4 6x9s for??

What he is trying to say is that 6x9's distort because of thier oval shape, and you would be much better off buying a set of 6.5 in comps and running them off of an amp.

My infinity 6x9s can shake my mirror no problem, and do not distort the slightest and sound incredible and are very loud. I have had the kappas and references both are incredible. I powered them with Alpine amps, very high signal to noise ratio. I have 6.5s and 6x9s but my 6x9s just sound better.

It's a matter of opinion. I've seen people with 6X9s as subs, mids, and high range speakers. A friend of mine has 3 pair in his Bronco, all directly off the HU, and it sounds really nice

It's a matter of opinion. I've seen people with 6X9s as subs, mids, and high range speakers. A friend of mine has 3 pair in his Bronco, all directly off the HU, and it sounds really nice
Not meaning to bash but have you ever heard a stereo that had good comps and plenty of power.

I could see using 6x9's as purely midbass but the distortion is there wheter you hear it or not. A well trained ear could most likely pick it out.

IF yOU JUSt USING 6X9S you gotta get 4 jvc bronze 6x9s!

then YOU BE the MAN!!!! youll be slammin!

you put in sum snoop dog or luk skywalker.....

or even run dmc/fat boys....venallia ice/beasty boys.....

you gotta use an amp on these!

Seeing as this thread has been bumped by a very.... strange.... post, I'm going to pick up where I left off:

Not meaning to bash but have you ever heard a stereo that had good comps and plenty of power.
No. Or, should I say, not yet. Tomorrow I will buy a component set, new subs, and sound deadener for the new year's install. Maybe then I will park alongside his setup and see which is the lesser. Remember the install is more important than the equipment.

ProfilePower:

Tell me, exactly what do you want to accomplish with that post? Do you really think holding down the shift key is going to change one person's total outlook of brands, models, power ratings, and music preference? I know what the JVC Bronzies can do, I have personally listened to them AND reviewed them. Yes, they are nice, but to try and glue my lips to their ass like you're doing is just ridiculous. Listen to something higher end than JVC, like Rainbow components or something, and at least try to worship some really great speakers, instead of plain good ones.

but have you ever heard a stereo that had good comps and plenty of power.
I've heard comps plenty of times, but I'm not running a component set in the van, either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Just 6.5" coaxials in the doors...though they are receiving 125 watts each, heh.

As for the post above the previous one, well...it sounds like the funky pup advert //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well maybe ill take a mortage out on my house to buy exspensive car stereo....laughs.....

the first thing i thinkof when i see some guy with $2500-$3500 in carstereo stuff..((((is loser))))

and some guy has a stereo more costly than his car...thats funny.but sad

Uhhh.. my new setup is costing me under $350 and isn't involving any bronze JVC stuff. Your logic is a little off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.