Best 6 x 8's

Turnt Audio
10+ year member

Im looking for the best 6x8/6x9 speakers out there for my Ranger 4 door. I already have Kicker ks680's but im not that impressed by them. I have a JL 320.4 amp powering the speakers. Im looking for coxial speakers that have really good bass.

Im looking for the best 6x8/6x9 speakers out there for my Ranger 4 door. I already have Kicker ks680's but im not that impressed by them. I have a JL 320.4 amp powering the speakers. Im looking for coxial speakers that have really good bass.
That's your problem, buy a sub if you want good/lots of bass.

CDT Audio HD-690CFX

6x9 Coaxials, CDT's mid-line

They have a similar 6x9 in a 2-way component version, 6x9 subwoofers, or you can step down to the Classic series and get a 6x9 coaxial.

I already have a 12" sub, but the speakers I got aren't that great and are crappy in the low range sound. So I get plenty of low bass from my sub but not enough of the higher range of bass produced by high quality speakers. So far the best 6x8/6x9 I've found are infinity kappa, polk audio, and alpine type r. But I have no experience with these and would like to hear from someone who has tried any of these speakers and can tell me what I should get

i dont know what you are looking to send bt the new dodges have 6x8 and i installed some pioneer 3 ways in my buddys truck and for 75$ they had pretty **** clean sound. you could crank that ***** way up with no distortion. i dont know about the bass though we didnt really buy them for that. but it looks like you might want to go a little higher end

I just installed Alpine Type R 6-1/2 component speakers. They come with 6x8 adapter for free. They're rated for 110watts each. I push 160watts RMS on each side. They sound great. Specially bass is fantastic. I did sound proof the doors. You can safely set your crossover point at 60Hz with them. In fact, if you don't have a sub, that's fine too. They can play down to like 30Hz in full range mode. There is also a 5x7 coaxial version, which is pretty cheap like $80. If you plan to deaden and seal your doors with something like dynamat+closed cell foam and your amp has the power they require, you will get pretty good mid-bass, mids, and highs from them. Otherwise, so much bass will rattle a lot of door panels and get otherwise lost inside of the door compartment. I heard that Kappa's might have a good mid-bass response, but a lot of people complain that their tweeters are harsh sounding.

but stay far away from CDT they are all hype and not very good at all..
Hype? Let's see what a couple of experts have published about CDT Audio speakers.

Top 11 Bargain Speakers

High Quality Sound for about $400 or Less

CDT Audio CL-6EXT Coaxial Loudspeakers

How about a review on this forum:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-speaker-reviews/89638-cdt-audio-hd-62-a.html

This isn't even touching upon their high end line, or their subwoofers, or their amplifiers. While you might have to, *gasp*, do some searching to find this information it is simply foolish to dismiss this company. Their advertising and marketing has been a weakness which explains why so few people know what they are about and what they have to offer.

Hype? Let's see what a couple of experts have published about CDT Audio speakers.
Top 11 Bargain Speakers

High Quality Sound for about $400 or Less

CDT Audio CL-6EXT Coaxial Loudspeakers

How about a review on this forum:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-speaker-reviews/89638-cdt-audio-hd-62-a.html

This isn't even touching upon their high end line, or their subwoofers, or their amplifiers. While you might have to, *gasp*, do some searching to find this information it is simply foolish to dismiss this company. Their advertising and marketing has been a weakness which explains why so few people know what they are about and what they have to offer.
lol Sic is all about cheap chinese Quarts becaause thats what he trys to pwn off on users on the forum so he puts down a lot of quality speakers claiming his Quarts are better...i've tried the newer Quarts and they are no comparison to the older ones...the Quart amps are ok if you like power accoustic ...they are pretty much the same quality..

lol Sic is all about cheap chinese Quarts becaause thats what he trys to pwn off on users on the forum so he puts down a lot of quality speakers claiming his Quarts are better...i've tried the newer Quarts and they are no comparison to the older ones...the Quart amps are ok if you like power accoustic ...they are pretty much the same quality..
x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.