best 6.5 comp? for $300

of those 3 brands only the focals.

we need to know more to help you. how much power do you have to work with?

you can buy $2000 speakers but with a bad install and undeadened doors it's not going to sound good...

boston pro's can be had for around that price if you look around. They are **** good speakers for the money.

of those 3 brands only the focals.
we need to know more to help you. how much power do you have to work with?

you can buy $2000 speakers but with a bad install and undeadened doors it's not going to sound good...
I haven't been in car audio for about 4 years and even back then my install ****** and I didn't get good enough sound out of Focal Utopia 165W... I am currently looking to get some comps and I was wondering what would make my install "good"? Door pods and installing the tweets in a right position? Also, what is a good deadening material these days? hushmat? I don't want anything tar based

I haven't been in car audio for about 4 years and even back then my install ****** and I didn't get good enough sound out of Focal Utopia 165W... I am currently looking to get some comps and I was wondering what would make my install "good"? Door pods and installing the tweets in a right position? Also, what is a good deadening material these days? hushmat? I don't want anything tar based
this is a good start regarding deadening: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95925

i like rammatt myself for deadener.

as for the rest of the install it's arguable whats the best way to do it. from imaging to EQing etc. you can read alot of different opinions of the subject. at the end of the day what you think sounds best is all that matters.

DLS makes a great set under 300, the UP6 are about 280 on Ebay and sound great. The Morel Tempo have got a lot of good reviews as of late. It just depends on what you like focal tweeters harsh to me, but many love them. DIY is the way to go if you dont mind some tuning. Check out DIYMobileAudio.com, they have great reviews and ideas for DIY and out of the box passive sets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.