Best 5.25 coax for motorcycle fairing

ramdaspadhye
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Looking for the best 5.25" coax for a motorcycle fairing. Keep in mind I'm not looking for sound quality that you'd expect in a vehicle, but I don't want em to sound like @$$hole either. Looking for some speakers that carry sound far, around 75-100w rms for a pair. Gonna run 4 in the front fairing.

Eh, not terribly, but if I do get caught out in the rain I'd like em not to get f*cked up. I'm not a hardcore ride through everything guy, but I do ride a lot and am subject to getting wet at times. I was reading about the Polk db's being used in marine applications. Thoughts?

Price... Trying to keep it under 100/set if I can. I've got extended hard bags/extended rear fender to buy, paint, etc. Trying to upgrade the sound in my fairing without breaking the bank and still sound good. Also, anyone know any amps with a small footprint that puts out 100-120wrmsx2@2ohm that would be decent mounting in the fairing?

I know how to find them, I'm inquiring about the proper speakers for my application (not necessarily limited to Polks).
Sorry dude..didnt see the info in the first post..I think arc audio has a harley kit with speakers and amp..the use the mini 2ch..125.2 or something like that.

I've heard HogTunes speakers and they are surprisingly good, made specifically for motorcycles, for specific models. Perfect fit, look, and install. I haven't found a aftermarket solution yet that compares.

OP, youre an idiot. Buy some headphones ratard. No one wants to listen to your crap music besides you. I would make fun of you so much if you rolled up to a meet with speakers on your bike blaring Rick Ross. Invest in some etymotic headphones and call it a day. Seriously, dont do this.

I wear my etymotic er-6i headphones while I ride. They're noise cancelling so I usually only wear both on long rides but with one in it helps and I dont have to turn my iphone up all the way since it cancels out all other noise in that ear.

^what he said.

Er-6i's are awesome, but I don't think that they make them anymore. Etymotic has plenty of models to chose from though. Hearing protection plus amazing SQ (they really do sound great), and you can still hear them clearly at highway speeds. And they don't make you look like a tool.

Oh and isn't there a law against blaring music? Yea I think there is. And in order to hear it while riding you would have to be doing just that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.