Beginner's question: Supertweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list

Numonet86
10+ year member

Hey guys...I just recently started studying up on car audio basics, and I've discovered the supertweeter. Haven't heard too many mention it before, so I'd like to ask those who are knowledgeable, whether or not a supertweeter is necessary in a sound system? Do you hear any noticeable difference with them in? Does it depend on music genre if it does? Where is the best place to place supertweeters if you do use them?

Any knowledge is appreciated...

Actually they have tin ears. There's nothing super about supertweeters. They add nothing but high freq distortion to a system and are usually completely unbalanced with regard to output because they are usually extremely sensitive. If you only care about making ears bleed, knock yourself out. If you actually care about how it all sounds, leave them out of your system. Spend the money on a better set of components instead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.