Beginer seeking help from the Pro's.

Dima i30
10+ year member

New York
Hello guy's.

I am surely a beginner in this field so I might have stupid questions but please bare with me.

I want to improve my sound in my Infiniti i30. As you know it has original BOSE system, but it's not enough for me. I don't want to pay $700 to get my trunk and car shaking from the bass.

I am looking to make the sound quality go at least 30% higher than it is now. I want the sound to be loud, clean, crisp. Surely I will probably need a box, because if I only put amps on the speakers I might loose the bass.

So, what is the first thing I should get to improve my sound to make it clean, clear, loud and crisp? Amp? Box? speakers? Tweeters? and what brands would you recomend.

Thank you.

no kidding. wtf.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

well once active mod comes in prblems like this will be done with.

herm, just realized this board doesn't have the newbie smiley

there are endless options...how much do you want to spend and what kind of sound do you want? Do you want bass or just crisper highs?

Btw...where in NY are you from?

It's called server lag people... Sometimes it hangs up, and sometimes I happen to accidentally push the submit button more than once at times also...

Excellent way to welcome a new member to the forum...

Want to talk about active moderation? Look at yourselves once and the way you are treating others.

Originally posted by jlaine It's called server lag people... Sometimes it hangs up, and sometimes I happen to accidentally push the submit button more than once at times also...

Excellent way to welcome a new member to the forum...

Want to talk about active moderation? Look at yourselves once and the way you are treating others.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Dima - how much $$ are you looking to spend total?

I apologise for posting 3 times. Problem was that my DSL had problems and it seemed like the post was not going through. So I had to stop it and start it 3 times, only when it came through on the 3rd time I saw that it counted all 3 attempts.

Anyway, I live in Brooklyn. I am looking to spend in total about maybe $500-$1000 but not at once. I want to buy stuff as the time goes by, adding it one by one (that way I better see the results of each additional item to the car. :) Maybe strech this buying thing in 2-3 month. Getting it ready for the summer.

That's why I was asking what I should get first.

I am not looking to get my BASS to be felt 2 blocks away. I don't want my car to be shaking from it. All I want is to have a loud, clean sound., Surely I will need to add the bass if I improve the speakers and the overal Mids and Highs.

Example: My friend put in his Audio system about $6,000 for his Benz 500 sel, and his sound is wasome. No big bass, but you can hear his music 3 blocks away. Very clean. Hopw do I get something like that without spending 6K?

Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.