beeping noise after h.u. install??

Participant count
  • Participant list

xstreamj
10+ year member

Recently installed a soundstream in dash head unit into my 2004 ford f150 and now it makes an annoying beeping noise similar to the no seat belt sound for about a minute then it stops. It does this every time I start the truck. Does anyone know how to stop it or fix it? It's driving me crazy!!!

does any lights on your dash come on while its doin that?? like the seatbelt light or voltage light or anything?? look in your manual of your truck it should tell you hot to turn off that beeping sound for seatbelts, like my car i have a charger if i turn the key to on poisition let everthying load up without starting the car, put the seatbelt clicked in and un click 3 times within 10 seconds then turn key to off it will turn the beeping sound off. look to see if your truck has that capability, if it doesnt fix your problem pull out your hu and make sure you got all the wires connected properly. after rthat i weould have no idea. its got to be within your hu or wireing harness if that problem never occurred up untill you changed your headunit.

Thank you for your reply.. I can't figure out how to stop it so I guess I'll take you're advice and take it out to see if there's anything hooked up wrong

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.