Becoming an Installer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Do_
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here
How hard is it to become an installer at Best buy/Circuit City? I'm going to apply soon to the two stores just to try to make a bit of cash and I was wondering if it is hard to A. Get hired as one, and B. To learn to do it sufficiently. I've done quite a bit of random car work but as far as an actual install. Mine is pretty crappy for lack of cash. I can do the simple tasks Best Buy or CC would require though I'd think. Running cable, mounting things. I know a few people here are installers. What was it like starting and was it hard to learn? I really need a job to make money to buy an amp for my poor 18" SX which has to suffer off of 20w power from a little tiny Lanzar amp on my floor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. (I've hooked it up a few times to the 20w amp just to test it out) Anyhow any information or anything'd be sweet.

I used to work at Best Buy as a sales associate and it may be a little hard to become an installer there without showing them that you can do more than whats required. You will also have to do installs for alarm systems which isn't quite as easy as sound systems. I think most of the installers are MECP certified. If you can't get the job as installer, just try getting another job within the store and get cool with the supervisor of the install bay and show him that you can do the work. A guy that I used to work with there did custom installs on his own vehicle and ended up in the install bay. But every store is a lil different and it may be easier to get hired at one than the other. But yeah, definately I wish the best of luck to you!

Seach this is asked on a daily basis.

You better have something good to show them. When I went in I took pictures of some of the systems I did, and had references from local car audio shops that they called...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.