beauty panels

Participant count
  • Participant list

watcher6342

CarAudio.com Regular
i have a 2015 sentra and i just installed a false floor and am still in the process of figuring out where to install the amp. my main question is, how do you get around the torsion bars when making the beauty panels? how can you hide them or make the panels hide them without losing function? are there alternatives to torsion bars without removing the trunk lid? if you know or can direct me to a thread or forum with some answers it would be much appreciated. thanks.
F1381557-491F-42FC-8439-02A621DCF37C.jpeg
1C2811F2-8436-455C-BAD6-6AB90A1697D2.jpeg
59F878B5-EBD1-462C-BEA6-569CF0E7893D.jpeg
05790B47-84A9-4B6D-BF7A-A32FA5D8B3A3.jpeg

Ive seen some vehicles at some car audio shows that actually removed them and put some Hatch Struts in theyre place for the trunk to function properly. Im sure they rattle like hell when the bass notes hit.
If you want those rear speakers to survive at all. You need to cap/enclose them before they get destroyed by the subwoofer pressure excurting the cones on the speakers to fail. Those Kicker C series can move some air with decent power. They will destroy the cones on those exposed speakers within the same environment.

Ive seen some vehicles at some car audio shows that actually removed them and put some Hatch Struts in theyre place for the trunk to function properly. Im sure they rattle like hell when the bass notes hit.
If you want those rear speakers to survive at all. You need to cap/enclose them before they get destroyed by the subwoofer pressure excurting the cones on the speakers to fail. Those Kicker C series can move some air with decent power. They will destroy the cones on those exposed speakers within the same environment.

Doesn't that port look to small?

Doesn't that port look to small?
Those C series do really good sealed. Small port for those prob be just fine. I put 4 C10s in a sealed angled enclosure in a 78 single cab truck on an old white Autotek Mean Machine 66HC for my Cousin. and those jokers Banged theyre azzes off. You could feel that truck coming

i have a sealed box, i ordered those from crutchfield that way. i like sealed better anyways. are there any threads on here that teach how to make custom enclosures for the rear deck speakers or if anyone knows of a place where they sell them, that would be great. thanks.

i have a sealed box, i ordered those from crutchfield that way. i like sealed better anyways. are there any threads on here that teach how to make custom enclosures for the rear deck speakers or if anyone knows of a place where they sell them, that would be great. thanks.
Easier if you take some cardboard and some time to make and shape a mold and build some caps out of like 1/4"- 1/2" Plywood is what Ive always done. Paint, Flexstone ect or maybe even use speaker cabinet carpet ect, Fiberglass and paint ect?? Use some small L bracket to attach to the bottom of the deck work fine. Every vehicle is generally different. You can go to the Post Office and get those Flat Rate boxes for free to use

Easier if you take some cardboard and some time to make and shape a mold and build some caps out of like 1/4"- 1/2" Plywood is what Ive always done. Paint, Flexstone ect or maybe even use speaker cabinet carpet ect, Fiberglass and paint ect?? Use some small L bracket to attach to the bottom of the deck work fine. Every vehicle is generally different. You can go to the Post Office and get those Flat Rate boxes for free to use
thank you. do you know if i should add fill to the boxes, similar to sub boxes for sound or does that matter with 6x9's? would it be better to elongate the box, so that there is more cft. to the box? i read somewhere that 6x9's are open air, but i have no clue. thanks again.

thank you. do you know if i should add fill to the boxes, similar to sub boxes for sound or does that matter with 6x9's? would it be better to elongate the box, so that there is more cft. to the box? i read somewhere that 6x9's are open air, but i have no clue. thanks again.
They will be just fine sealed. Id give approx 1/2" to 1inch on the sides and approx 1-1/2" to 2" on the bottom for the magnet clearance and caulk/seal the outside at the min. You just need to get them out of that same shared space as the sub. The pressure levels and air movement from the subs will push those cones to the max on the 6x9s and eventually will destroy them

They will be just fine sealed. Id give approx 1/2" to 1inch on the sides and approx 1-1/2" to 2" on the bottom for the magnet clearance and caulk/seal the outside at the min. You just need to get them out of that same shared space as the sub. The pressure levels and air movement from the subs will push those cones to the max on the 6x9s and eventually will destroy them
i appreciate all the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...