Battery Noise??

SPLThunder
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
"I went under my hood to hook up some wires and heard a slight hissing noise. I determined it was coming from my Yellow Top that was bought in July 2003. When I hold my ear close it sort of sounds like a bubbling coming from the vent by the negative terminal. At least that is where it sounds like it it coming from. I think my battery is just letting off gas(kindof like me :cwm22: ) but I didnt know it it is ok for it to be letting it off so soon. Just need to know if this is normal.

Is everything OK?"

When your battery heats up from being charged, or from the engine the liquid in the battery (usually acid) is forming a chemical reaction with the lead in the battery. This produces a gas and it has to be let out. But what I would be worry about is if the battery is getting TOO hot. If it is not a totally sealed battery then it is made to let out the gas inside. Check to see if you battery is getting hot. If so I would return the battery and replace it. There may be a short in the battery which could cause it to explode.

Try turning on your LPF "Low pass filter" or get some zero noise RCA wire or ground your head unit...
??????

Umm, this has nothing to do with my HU(which isnt hooked up) or my LPF(wich isnt hooked up)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.