bass much louder sometimes?

cocoleveo7686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
So its weird and I dont know if it's something with the amp but both subs work its just sometimes they pound they are getting 1000rms like they should then other times I look at the subs and they are barely moving, even when using the same volume same song and same voltage amd then when it bumps right its almost double the power easily.

Any help? These subs I just bought thry are xlf and I had them set on 600 rms to break them in just turned them up a few days ago but its been happening thr last 1-2 days

Sounds like an internal amp issue... When the power fades, does the protect light on the amp flicker at all?
I don't see it go into protect mode and I know the amp is still turned on because the subwoofers still move just not nearly as much.

I will check the rcas maybe ill check them at the back of the cd player too. Its weird bc it will be soo loud then the bass cuts in half I thought only 1 subwoofer was working but they both do. Ill unplug the bass knob too which I hardly use

If you can, unhook one subwoofer. Let the other play at full chat and see what it does. If its working like it should, do the opposite, unhook the one you know is ok and switch. If the second one or other one from the first one is working well too, power connection concerns? Or RCA's? Id still lean at possible internal amp issues. But eliminate some things first.

deffinately try unplugging the bass know. I have seen faulty knobs cause this problem in the past. Or before you unplug it try and play a song you are familiar with the output and knock on the knob see if the problem happens.

So im having this issue again. I will unplug the bass knob and see what happens but I know there is a issue because I was listening to it on vol 24 on my alpine cd player and my voltage was going to 12.9 then when its not nearly as loud It stays at 13.8-14.0. If I check the subwoofers with a ohm meter and it reads 1 ohm at the box (bc thats what I have it wired to) can I rule out the subwoofers being bad? Unless the wires going from each subwoofer is not connected good? I didnt swap out rcas but I will. Any other insight?

Im running alpine cda 105, pure audio 3000.1d, and 2 ab xfl (dual 4 ohms)

So im having this issue again. I will unplug the bass knob and see what happens but I know there is a issue because I was listening to it on vol 24 on my alpine cd player and my voltage was going to 12.9 then when its not nearly as loud It stays at 13.8-14.0. If I check the subwoofers with a ohm meter and it reads 1 ohm at the box (bc thats what I have it wired to) can I rule out the subwoofers being bad? Unless the wires going from each subwoofer is not connected good? I didnt swap out rcas but I will. Any other insight?
Im running alpine cda 105, pure audio 3000.1d, and 2 ab xfl (dual 4 ohms)
my brother had the same problem as you. He was also running an alpine deck, but had a JL500/1 and 2 skar ivx15s. It ended up being the radio. The rca's were coming unsoldered form the board. Sometimes they would make contact and play loud, other times they would loose contact and get quiet. Next time it plays quiet, unplug one rca from the amp at a time. If unplugging one makes no difference plug that one back in and unplug the other and see if you loose all output

my brother had the same problem as you. He was also running an alpine deck, but had a JL500/1 and 2 skar ivx15s. It ended up being the radio. The rca's were coming unsoldered form the board. Sometimes they would make contact and play loud, other times they would loose contact and get quiet. Next time it plays quiet, unplug one rca from the amp at a time. If unplugging one makes no difference plug that one back in and unplug the other and see if you loose all output
unplugging the RCA while the system is on and playing?

hmmmm.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

unplugging the RCA while the system is on and playing?
hmmmm.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
Not at full power or even turned up much. Just enough to hear it or see the subs moving. That's an easy way to test without a dmm.

If you have a dmm check for voltage on the rca's at the amp. If you don't have voltage on one of them, then check voltage at the back of the radio. If you have voltage at the back of the radio but not at the amp, then its the rca's. If there is no voltage at the radio, then obviously its the radio

Not at full power or even turned up much. Just enough to hear it or see the subs moving. That's an easy way to test without a dmm.

If you have a dmm check for voltage on the rca's at the amp. If you don't have voltage on one of them, then check voltage at the back of the radio. If you have voltage at the back of the radio but not at the amp, then its the rca's. If there is no voltage at the radio, then obviously its the radio
Do I disconnect the rca from the amp and hook up negative and positive of the dmm to the rca while the cd player is goinf?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.