Bass knob wire

EXACTLY!!! set ur gains with a dmm or a dd-1 if u can get one, and leave them alone. Remote gain knobs are a freakin joke.. I have no idea why they even exist.. except to make money off of people that don't understand that gain, and volume are 2 completely different animals.
A kid on Craigslist wanted an amp of mine. But mine doesn't have a bass knob. And he said he has to have a bass knob. In case a friend of his "taps out" from the bass.

I was thinking. THEN TURN THE HEAD UNIT DOWN????

A kid on Craigslist wanted an amp of mine. But mine doesn't have a bass knob. And he said he has to have a bass knob. In case a friend of his "taps out" from the bass.
I was thinking. THEN TURN THE HEAD UNIT DOWN????
I'm still sitting here trying to figure out what SPEAKERDUDE123 was talking about when he said his amp won't even work without a remote gain knob.. apparently he has the only sub amp on the planet without a gain adjustment on the amp itself, or somethings damaged.. I don't know, but even the most basic piece of crap headunits have a bass/treble/balance/fader adjustment or E.Q.. but yes, turning the volume down seems like a reasonable choice.. If someone complains about the bass in my jeep then I like to turn UP the volume. lol..

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out what SPEAKERDUDE123 was talking about when he said his amp won't even work without a remote gain knob.. apparently he has the only sub amp on the planet without a gain adjustment on the amp itself, or somethings damaged.. I don't know, but even the most basic piece of crap headunits have a bass/treble/balance/fader adjustment or E.Q.. but yes, turning the volume down seems like a reasonable choice.. If someone complains about the bass in my jeep then I like to turn UP the volume. lol..
exactly LOL. Then they can get DAFUQ out of the ride.

How in the world does that even make sense? No remote gain? No amp?

When you unplug the bass knob the amp does not give the woofer power (at least for my amp). There is still a gain adjustment in the back...what is so hard to understand about this?

And when I turn the bass on the HU down the bass in all the speakers go down. I'm not trying to eliminate all the bass, just the subwoofer (hence the bass knob). The bass knob is a convenient way for me to turn my sub essentially off without having to get out of my car and turn the gain down in the trunk.

When you unplug the bass knob the amp does not give the woofer power (at least for my amp). There is still a gain adjustment in the back...what is so hard to understand about this?
And when I turn the bass on the HU down the bass in all the speakers go down. I'm not trying to eliminate all the bass, just the subwoofer (hence the bass knob). The bass knob is a convenient way for me to turn my sub essentially off without having to get out of my car and turn the gain down in the trunk.
What HU do you have?

Whats hard to understand is YOU! Is it remote bass boost knob, or a remote gain knob?? And if you simply turn down the bass on ur H.U. and it affects ALL ur speakers then you're using cheapass speakers that dont even have passive x-overs. Of course 2 pages later who would know cuz your too busy responding to SEVERAL legit suggestions with sarcastic, dissmissive responses to bother listing the equipment in your set-up.. go get that RG59 wire at radioshack, and hook up your precious remote, and get an attitude adjustment.

Whats hard to understand is YOU! Is it remote bass boost knob, or a remote gain knob?? And if you simply turn down the bass on ur H.U. and it affects ALL ur speakers then you're using cheapass speakers that dont even have passive x-overs. Of course 2 pages later who would know cuz your too busy responding to SEVERAL legit suggestions with sarcastic, dissmissive responses to bother listing the equipment in your set-up.. go get that RG59 wire at radioshack, and hook up your precious remote, and get an attitude adjustment.
Attitude adjustment......I have been nothing but polite and answered all your guys questions as thorough as possible. How do I come off as having an attitude? All I am trying to do is figure out what type of cord this is and you guys give me answers like, "you don't need it", "it's useless and a waste of money", or "use a DMM to set your gains" (
Do you really want me to describe every single piece of audio equipment in my car just so you can answer my question about what type of cord it is? I don't see how that is relevant at all, but just fyi everything on my car is stock, except my subwoofer setup. So yes I guess they are cheap *** speakers but that is what every car comes with so I don't see where you are going with that comment?

I think some of you are confused as what I am describing here since you asked about a bass boost or remote gain knob. It is NOT a remote gain knob and I never remember saying that it was. It is a bass knob, or "bass boost knob" for a more technical term I guess, but where I am from we call them bass knobs.

Um yes I need one, if it is not plugged in the amp does not work.
And I use it because I like to turn the bass off sometimes (talk radio for example) so I use the knob to basically turn the bass off, because at the low setting the bass is pretty much non existent. So yes the knob is perfectly a legit piece of equipment and not a joke. That's like saying you shouldn't need a volume knob in your car, just set it to the max potential and listen. Well sorry but sometimes I like to turn things up/down.....

I'd like that very much. Thank you.
Here's what I got:

For my DC Audio 2.0k:

Bass knob side - Blue, yellow, green, red, black, white

Amp side - White, black, red, green, yellow, blue.

So, it's completely rolled.

For my previous MTX 1200D:

Amp side - Blue, yellow, green, red, black, white

So it's a straight-through.

You might have to try out both, see which one works, and hopefully it works. You can use any colors, and you can use a regular cat5 cable with RJ-11 ends and only use 3 pairs if you can't find a 3 pair cable, just make note of what colors you are using.

I also like using a bass knob, I listen to a wide variety of music, and some songs simply don't sound good with tons of bass, and I don't want to have to dive into a menu every time I need to adjust only the subs. It's much simpler this way.

And I use it because I like to turn the bass off sometimes (talk radio for example) so I use the knob to basically turn the bass off, because at the low setting the bass is pretty much non existent. So yes the knob is perfectly a legit piece of equipment and not a joke. That's like saying you shouldn't need a volume knob in your car, just set it to the max potential and listen. Well sorry but sometimes I like to turn things up/down. whatever floats ur boat bro.. comparing it to volume knob is just ridiculous comparison.. and as far as an amp that wont work without the use of a remote knob?? If that's the case then something isn't working correctly.. an RG59 cable can be purchased at any elect supply store in various lengths. It's a standard 4 pair white/blue wh/orange wh/green wh/brown pinout, and they're dirt cheap and easier than buying a crimping tool that will spend the rest of it's life in ur toolbox, unless your a telecommunications technician.
Isn't a RG59 cable a coaxial cable?

Here's what I got:
For my DC Audio 2.0k:

Amp side - White, black, red, green, yellow, blue.

So, it's completely rolled.

For my previous MTX 1200D:

Amp side - Blue, yellow, green, red, black, white

So it's a straight-through.

You might have to try out both, see which one works, and hopefully it works. You can use any colors, and you can use a regular cat5 cable with RJ-11 ends and only use 3 pairs if you can't find a 3 pair cable, just make note of what colors you are using.

I also like using a bass knob, I listen to a wide variety of music, and some songs simply don't sound good with tons of bass, and I don't want to have to dive into a menu every time I need to adjust only the subs. It's much simpler this way.

Isn't a RG59 cable a coaxial cable?
I dont know what happened to my quote. It got blended with 123's so it looks like it was all mine.. Anyway an RG59 is a common data wire/connector(you prob have one from ur cable modem to ur router or directly to ur computer) . You must be thinking RG6 or RG7 which ARE a coaxial cables... an RJ11 WON"T WORK cuz the size of the connector itself is about half the size of the RG59 connector.. in 123's case it will only use 3 of the 4 pairs but that's the connector he'll need.

I dont know what happened to my quote. It got blended with 123's so it looks like it was all mine.. Anyway an RG59 is a common data wire/connector(you prob have one from ur cable modem to ur router or directly to ur computer) . You must be thinking RG6 or RG7 which ARE a coaxial cables... an RJ11 WON"T WORK cuz the size of the connector itself is about half the size of the RG59 connector.. in 123's case it will only use 3 of the 4 pairs but that's the connector he'll need.
Not sure you're correct. Every search I have done for RG59 comes up with coaxial.

I think what you are referring to is a RJ45 connector. They are the connectors used on almost all Cat5 cables, like the ones you referred to from modem to router. A RJ45 connector will not fit, atleast not on the 2 bass knobs that I have. They are RJ11 connectors, using all 6 pins. I am sure of this, I re-terminated mine twice. His/yours may be different tho.

OP, does a standard phone connector fit in the bass knob, or does a cable from your computer fit in there?

Your right, my bad.. RG45 is probably what he needs.. I worked in telcom (local 103, boston) for 10 years and for Adephia cable for several so I have dealt with more freakin connectors and pinouts than should even exist. lol. sorry bout that.

Not sure you're correct. Every search I have done for RG59 comes up with coaxial.
I think what you are referring to is a RJ45 connector. They are the connectors used on almost all Cat5 cables, like the ones you referred to from modem to router. A RJ45 connector will not fit, atleast not on the 2 bass knobs that I have. They are RJ11 connectors, using all 6 pins. I am sure of this, I re-terminated mine twice. His/yours may be different tho.

OP, does a standard phone connector fit in the bass knob, or does a cable from your computer fit in there?

Bro, all im saying is for one and a half pages of responses from people trying to help you, EVERYONE thought you were talking about a remote gain knob, so when you say "What is so hard to understand about this" it comes across as rude. Remote gain knobs are VERY common, while remote bass boosts are not. Anyway, good luck.

Attitude adjustment......I have been nothing but polite and answered all your guys questions as thorough as possible. How do I come off as having an attitude? All I am trying to do is figure out what type of cord this is and you guys give me answers like, "you don't need it", "it's useless and a waste of money", or "use a DMM to set your gains" (
Do you really want me to describe every single piece of audio equipment in my car just so you can answer my question about what type of cord it is? I don't see how that is relevant at all, but just fyi everything on my car is stock, except my subwoofer setup. So yes I guess they are cheap *** speakers but that is what every car comes with so I don't see where you are going with that comment?

I think some of you are confused as what I am describing here since you asked about a bass boost or remote gain knob. It is NOT a remote gain knob and I never remember saying that it was. It is a bass knob, or "bass boost knob" for a more technical term I guess, but where I am from we call them bass knobs.

Your right, my bad.. RG45 is probably what he needs.. I worked in telcom (local 103, boston) for 10 years and for Adephia cable for several so I have dealt with more freakin connectors and pinouts than should even exist. lol. sorry bout that.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I work IT for the military.

OP, to be sure, take a pic of the bass knob connector, making sure that the pins are visible, and post it here.

I just remembered EXACTLY what RG-59 is.. It was commonly used before RG-6 came out.. It was crap, and we used to have to tear it out cuz not only was the center conducter about half the diameter of the RG6 but it often had a copper shielding as well so the return path wouldnt support cable modems.. **** im gettin old, lol.. as far 123's bass boost knob it's probably a "straight thru cable w/an RG45 plug.. maybe he should make his own, cuz a there are several diff kinds of cat5 rg35's out there ie: 536 A + B where the orange and green pairs are reversed..

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I work IT for the military.
OP, to be sure, take a pic of the bass knob connector, making sure that the pins are visible, and post it here.

Bro, all im saying is for one and a half pages of responses from people trying to help you, EVERYONE thought you were talking about a remote gain knob, so when you say "What is so hard to understand about this" it comes across as rude. Remote gain knobs are VERY common, while remote bass boosts are not. Anyway, good luck.
Sorry if it came across rude but I thought it was plain as day that it was a "bass boost knob". I have never seen a remote gain knob in any car thus far in my life since the adjustment is on the amp thus validating your point of useless which I would agree on, however I always see the little bass boost knob in EVERY persons car that has a sub so I figured you guys would know.

gckless: A standard phone cord WILL fit and that is what I tried and got no response from it, which triggered this thread. It is NOT big enough for a cat5 (ethernet cable).

Will post a pic ASAP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.