Bass knob on AQ2200 question

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Okay, so today I unplug the bass knob to my AQ2200 and its 10x louder...night and day difference. More excursion and much louder. I don't see how it gets louder without the knob...thought it helped? I played with it for a quick while on a few songs and I didnt smell any burnt coil. It eats up my voltage a ton more though..

Is this normal? Im pretty confused.. The only benefit the knob was giving me is clipping indicator.

What ever setting the gain on the amp is set at the bass remote will adjust up to that point. No more. So lets say you have the gain on the amp set half way. Hook up the bass remote and turn it up all the way, it will raise the gain right up to that half way point. So, if the bass remote is turned up all the way and then you uplug it, it should not affect the overall output of the amp. Now if you are unplugging while you have the bass remote turned down, thats when you will notice the difference.

I see what youre saying. But im pretty sure the bass knob is broken. This is how I received it:

100_0328.jpg

The first few batches the bass knobs were produced with print in the correct position. There was a slight mix up on the last few batches where the max is in the min position and visa versa. In your case you want to keep it on the min(This would normally be max) And if your talking about the bent flanges and bad fitmint of the two housings on the bass remote itself, I would call up DJ and talk to him. I've never seen something like that come from AQ lol.

The first few batches the bass knobs were produced with print in the correct position. There was a slight mix up on the last few batches where the max is in the min position and visa versa. In your case you want to keep it on the min(This would normally be max) And if your talking about the bent flanges and bad fitmint of the two housings on the bass remote itself, I would call up DJ and talk to him. I've never seen something like that come from AQ lol.
X2,ive had 3 and one was misprinted and one was reversed, with counter clockwise being louder and one was normal and printed normal.

The bass knob shouldn't even adjust the volume unless the clipping indicator is solid red. I talked to DJ on the phone. And when the clipping indicator is solid red, the bass knob will only be able to turn down the gain until the light goes out.

Lol, I have a misprinted knob. It is printed as if it gets louder when you turn it counter-clock-wise. Oh well, it doesnt change the volume when I change it and every now and then the clipping light blinks so I know I'm using the amp to its full potential.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.