Bass Hit Distortion?

SilverStang
10+ year member

TX
I have 4 speakers, 2 of them are stock. I also have an aftermarket head unit pushing 52w 4 channel. When I listen to music I like to listen to it loud and at some loudness point for each bass hit the voice and everything is a bit distorted. What causes this?

sounds like you don't have a high pass filter. whats happening is the speakers aren't made to reproduce anything under ~80Hz, so when they do play something that low it sounds like trash and is all distorted. Your headunit should have some sort of high pass filter, check the manual.

Your speakers are trying to play frequencies too low for them. HPF like Kangaroux said, add sub to play these frequencies instead, or listen quieter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Would switching the stock speakers out with better ones help? I feel its mainly coming from the two stock ones and Im about to switch them out with some better ones

it's not the speakers that are the problem. you're sending low bass to speakers that aren't made to reproduce it. most head units have a high pass filter (or HPF) built in. what headunit do you have?

Louisiana, no Mach 460 here. And I don't have subs yet so I want as much bass out of my speakers as I can so shouldn't I set it to something lower like 80hz?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.