Bass distortion Prob

6x9's are not designed to handle low bass my advise would be to turn the bass down on your h/u and it should get rid of the bass distortion problem...good luck...

Goddyd4me is right on. turn down the bass on your HU. a 6*9 is ment more to produce midbass and volume. if u want that low bass toss in a sub.

turning down the bass on your hu wont work well, cause it will eliminate ALL bass...

if you're not gonna do anything more to your stereo, buy 'bassblockers' or similar passive filters

yea 6x9's arents ment for bass, I know i had 6x9s in my dads truck they distorted because i turned the volume up to high... what kina speakers are they?

cool, u know wat speakers dont distort?? jensen's 6x9s they have a build in tweeter in em. my bro has a set of 6 1/2's they dont distort at all and they have pretty good bass

kicker made some a while back, but 6x9's are a poor mans sub anyways....they sound terrible, a good set of coaxials would be better...if you can't afford components.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.