Bass Boost, Amp Vs HU?

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
Basically if you had to pick between using bass boost would you boost off you're head unit or off your amp? For example 3db boost off HU and leave amp on 0db boost or in my case I only have 6db boost or 12 db boost on amp and do 6 db boost on amp and leave HU on 0db boost? I don't even know that I will need to boost it, dont think i will. just curious! I understand all about what boosting can do and more than likely should buy a bigger amp of you're over compensating with bass boost.

The consensus here will be no bass boost. If you understand the bass boost then why are you trying to run it? It's your equipment so run it how you would like. I don't see a 0 +6 +12 switch being very accurate so I would use the head unit. But, that being said I would set the head and amp at 0 and use the gain to get as much out of the amp as possible. What are you running. Amp/box/sub combo?

What does having your amp knob inline with your RCAs have to do with anything?
You going to Scrapin this weekend?
Unfortunately no for scrapin as my newborn will hit 1 month tomorrow (Thursday) and for the knob, it reduces my signal to my amp and not boost it like the ones that come with amps and that is why that means everything as for using bass boost on my HU and not my amp, makes sense in my head anyways.

Unfortunately no for scrapin as my newborn will hit 1 month tomorrow (Thursday) and for the knob, it reduces my signal to my amp and not boost it like the ones that come with amps and that is why that means everything as for using bass boost on my HU and not my amp, makes sense in my head anyways.
Most quality amps come with a gain knob. And they are also JUST attenuation. Those knobs can not adjust the gain past where it's physically set at the amp.

Some cheaper amps come with a bass boost knob though. Seems like some RF amps do too, iirc.

Basically if you had to pick between using bass boost would you boost off you're head unit or off your amp? For example 3db boost off HU and leave amp on 0db boost or in my case I only have 6db boost or 12 db boost on amp and do 6 db boost on amp and leave HU on 0db boost? I don't even know that I will need to boost it, dont think i will. just curious! I understand all about what boosting can do and more than likely should buy a bigger amp of you're over compensating with bass boost.
let me guess. You arent getting sh*t for output with that vfl 4480.1d?

Most quality amps come with a gain knob. And they are also JUST attenuation. Those knobs can not adjust the gain past where it's physically set at the amp.
Some cheaper amps come with a bass boost knob though. Seems like some RF amps do too, iirc.
This is why I am on the forums, learn something new everyday like this and that people frown upon redline DD subs. Take lots of pictures for scrapin' Taylor!!!!!

This is why I am on the forums, learn something new everyday like this and that people frown upon redline DD subs. Take lots of pictures for scrapin' Taylor!!!!!
Who's frowning on the Redline? I haven't used them but I've heard nothing but good. And I saw a ridiculoud number done with them.

(Mispelling kept because it's hilarious. And poignant)

Who's frowning on the Redline? I haven't used them but I've heard nothing but good. And I saw a ridiculoud number done with them.
(Mispelling kept because it's hilarious. And poignant)
I did frown on the redlines. Stamped steel baskets don't do it for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.