Bass blockers Q

Bought mine from Crotchfield.

A bass blocker is just an AC (non-polarized) electrolytic capacitor. A capacitor's impedance goes up as frequency goes down. You use them to keep bass out of your midrange speakers.

I'd give you the formula for calculating what size you need, but it's a lot simpler to just order them by the cut-off frequency and speaker impedance. The ones I got are for blocking 150 Hz at 4 ohms.

depends on the component set, and what the crossover in the set does. if it just splits the signal between the two speakers (just a generic crossover), then yes, i'd use bass blockers... but if it is a crossover designed for those speakers, it will most likely cut out those frequencies automatically. at least that's what i think anyway...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.