Bass at a constant level?

I guess im just going to have to set the gain to 5% as you said and leave it at that then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif .. In one way its not too bad because I can always just bump the level higher for the subwoofer setting I guess but if I ever need to turn the volume down, I will have to remember to set the sub woofer level down as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
so if it solves the problem it just meant that you had your gains set completely wrong at the start. Slowly go up until you hit the sweet spot.

You were waaaay past safe levels on the gain knob before.

Pretty much sure you are missing a setting someware in the radio for your rca outputs... unplug everything. find the little button to do a factory reset then plug your rca back in..

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Hi,

The gain was set right because I had this AMP and Sub woofer installed in a different car and it was working perfectly fine in that except the head unit I had in that car was this one...

https://www.carjoying.com/head-unit/universal-car-head-units/10-1-double-din/joying-automotive-new-android-5-1-1-lollipop-gps-navigation-system-10-1-inch-double-2-hd-car-radio-replacement-for-universal-vehicle-support-key-study-mirror-link-bluetooth-obd2-backup-carema.html

and the bass was increasing when the volume increased which is how I want it.. But with the head unit I have got now, the bass doesnt increase when the volume is louder.. The bass stays the same and the only way to put it higher is if I set the "subwoofer level" higher or lower.. thats all fine but if I put the volume lower.. The bass is still crazy which defeats the function of having a volume knob! I even emailed the Joying company yestarday and still have not got a reply!?

Pretty much sure you are missing a setting someware in the radio for your rca outputs... unplug everything. find the little button to do a factory reset then plug your rca back in..
Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Okay will try to reset the head unit in a while.. Not understanding why they would build a head unit where the bass is seperated from the volume.. It doesnt make any sense! Was so happy to have my AMP and sub back in the car and then I realise that the £250 I just spent on a head unit has gone to waste.. Everything else works like it should so it is a real shame that because of this issue I cant use it any more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

That HU looks so much factory, and not aftermarket. Looks like someone copied factory to make it look like aftermarket.
Yes thats exactly what they did except with this one you can put memory sticks on, memory cards, Satnav using GPS, comes with microphone so hands free calling.. Basically has everything you need except my AMP doesnt want to work with this stupid head unit -_- still the bass doesnt go lower with volume or higher with volume..

is it just a constant note the sub plays no matter the song?

My friend had a pioneer radio that once he got to volume 15 or so (62 max) it would just play one note really loud. The sub preout was bad and he needed a new radio.

is it just a constant note the sub plays no matter the song?My friend had a pioneer radio that once he got to volume 15 or so (62 max) it would just play one note really loud. The sub preout was bad and he needed a new radio.
no no mine plays the bass as normal but the bass volume stays the same no matter what volume I increase my headunit volume too.. if that makes sense? As in the bass is supposed to go higher when volume is higher and bass is supposed to go lower when volume decreases but mine the bass always stays the same volume.. I can make a video if that helps guys?

Kind of found a solution.. The solution was to install a bass controller .. Least this way I dont have to constantly go into the settings and turn the bass low or high.. I just set the sub woofer level to 10 (highest) and then use the bass controller to keep it low and put it higher.. Guess it will have to do. Dont see other options other than to buy a new head unit which I do not want to do as I like the look of this and the features.

Erm guys.. Quick confusing question haha... So the bass controller has been installed but when I go to setting my gains up.. I cant even get to 60volts on the DMM without the gain being maxed out!? The sub woofer level from the head unit is set to the highest which is 10 yet I cant seem to get 60volts which is what I got as voltage by typing in the values on this website.....

Voltage current resistance and electric power general basic electrical formulas mathematical calculations calculator formula for power calculating energy work equation power law watts understandimg general electrical pie chart electricity calculation

I put power/wattage as 900 and resistivity or resistance as 4 ohms and I get 60v which I should be looking for on my DMM AC voltage but I cant get to that unless I max the gain which is definately not normal... I added bout 3 db of bass boost and then got the gain about 3/4 up but even that is a bit mess up isnt it so why cant I get the gain right without it maxing out? Is there something wrong with the bass controller?

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.