Bass at a constant level?

Hi,

So I have a Kenwood KAC 9106D amplifire powering a Pioneer Champion 900watt RMS sub woofer. The headunit is a Joying 9inch android 6.0 with a internal digital amplifire with sub out. The AMP is connected to the headunit using RCA cables and then a Y splitter to connect to the sub out on the head unit. The problem I am having is that no matter what the volume is on.. The bass is just constant.. It is supposed to go higher with the volume increasing and lower with the volume decreasing but all it is doing is staying at a constant level.. Even if the volume is at 1 the bass is crazy high !!! What am I doing wrong? I can set the sub woofer level from the headunit from 1 to 10 (10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest) but I dont get why the sub woofer is seperated from the rest of the speakers and not playing level with the rest of the speakers??

Thanks.

both are right get kenwood hu (it'll match your amp lol) and be lots better and your gain on amp should never be past 1/2 way., i bet u lower it that'll solve problem.. after new hu upgrade to 3003 pioneer 12 $85 on ebay..

both are right get kenwood hu (it'll match your amp lol) and be lots better and your gain on amp should never be past 1/2 way., i bet u lower it that'll solve problem.. after new hu upgrade to 3003 pioneer 12 $85 on ebay..
Don't say should never be past half. That's simply not true. I have 2.5v preouts. My amp accepts 8v. May 2.5 mark is past 1/2 way.

Guys how can it be a rubbish headunit? I spent £250 on this head unit, its a double din that looks like the golf mk7 headunit but its just not done by VW.. I bought a headunit from Joying before as well which worked perfectly fine with a sub woofer.. but this one has the "internal digital amplifire with surround sound" and has a lot of equalisation settings to mess about with yet the bass doesnt adjust with the volume..I can also connect the AMP RCA wires to the headunits Front Right and Front left which are a red and white connectors on the headunit? Should I try it on there instead of the black sub out port that is on the head unit??

The gain by calculating it 900watts by 4 ohms and I get 60volts which is the reading I need to look at on multi meter and when setting the sub woofer level from the headunit to 5 and setting the gain, I cant even get to 60 volts without the gain being on full!! and if I set the headunit sub woofer level to 10 (highest) then I can set the gain comfortable around half way which is what I left it as. But the problem isnt really the gain .. The problem is that the bass is constantly the same rather than it increasing with the volume.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzarbm2eqliten8/Capture.PNG?dl=0

Was I supposed to connect the RCA cables to the FR OUT and FL OUT or was I supposed to connect them to the Sub port?? I connected them to the sub port using a Y splitter for the RCA cables... Maybe they where meant to go too FR OUT and FL OUT after all??? My old headunit from Joying only had sub out so I had to connect the AMP to that using a y splitter and that worked perfectly fine and bass adjusted with volume as normal but with this one, I thought I should connect it to the Sub out as I did with the old one but this one the sub is seperate and the rest of the speakers are seperated? As if the bass is in a world of its own??

Guys how can it be a rubbish headunit? I spent £250 on this head unit, its a double din that looks like the golf mk7 headunit but its just not done by VW.. I bought a headunit from Joying before as well which worked perfectly fine with a sub woofer.. but this one has the "internal digital amplifire with surround sound" and has a lot of equalisation settings to mess about with yet the bass doesnt adjust with the volume..I can also connect the AMP RCA wires to the headunits Front Right and Front left which are a red and white connectors on the headunit? Should I try it on there instead of the black sub out port that is on the head unit??
https://www.carjoying.com/joying-newest-aftermarket-8-inch-double-2-din-android-6-0-car-music-system-stereo-with-internal-digital-amplifier-for-vw-skoda-seat.html
Heres the headunit itself.. It really isnt "crappy" at all.. I bet there is some settings or that I was meant to connect to the FR and FL rather than the sub out..
audiowise, its junk. Its just a toy head unit, nothing good for any kind of real audio especially when you dont even have proper RCAs with proper preouts. Usually there's 3 pairs of RCAs, a good 24 bit dac, 13 bands of EQ, time alignment and even active crossover networks. Yours have one pair of RCA, absolute garbage RCA, crappy low end chinese DAC vs the burr brown standard DACs and a mono sub out that you have to split.... thats absolute garbage for an audio guy. Its completely fine if you dont give a sh*t about audio and just want useless flashy features.

https://www.carjoying.com/joying-newest-aftermarket-8-inch-double-2-din-android-6-0-car-music-system-stereo-with-internal-digital-amplifier-for-vw-skoda-seat.html
The gain by calculating it 900watts by 4 ohms and I get 60volts which is the reading I need to look at on multi meter and when setting the sub woofer level from the headunit to 5 and setting the gain, I cant even get to 60 volts without the gain being on full!! and if I set the headunit sub woofer level to 10 (highest) then I can set the gain comfortable around half way which is what I left it as. But the problem isnt really the gain .. The problem is that the bass is constantly the same rather than it increasing with the volume.
Again, lower the gain and see if the problem persists. The multi-meter method is flawed in so many different ways that noobs cant pick up on due to lack of knowledge about audio recordings and how it affects your pre-out voltage. In other words, you are better off setting gains with your ear then the multi-meter at this point.

If you lower down the gain and its still overly loud at 1 volume vs max then its a trash head unit. If it solves the issue then viola.

Okay I get what you mean by that now but I only originally bought it for the flashy features and that it is a better upgrade than my stock one.. Lets me listen to music via bluetooth and USB and connects to my phone via bluetooth and also I can use satnav with a GPS antenna.. I thought a sub woofer output comes with every head unit, I didnt know there was a good and bad output these days..

Yes I just now connected the amplifires RCA out straight to the FR OUT and FL OUT on the head unit and still the same thing! Except this time.. Even if the sub woofer level is set to 0 and volume on 1.. I cant even hear my door speakers but the bass is freakingly loud -_- Other than saying the head unit is rubbish.. Is there really NOTHING I can do to solve this issue and get the bass working with the volume!? Is it just a replace headunit solution?

Okay I get what you mean by that now but I only originally bought it for the flashy features and that it is a better upgrade than my stock one.. Lets me listen to music via bluetooth and USB and connects to my phone via bluetooth and also I can use satnav with a GPS antenna.. I thought a sub woofer output comes with every head unit, I didnt know there was a good and bad output these days..
Yes I just now connected the amplifires RCA out straight to the FR OUT and FL OUT on the head unit and still the same thing! Except this time.. Even if the sub woofer level is set to 0 and volume on 1.. I cant even hear my door speakers but the bass is freakingly loud -_- Other than saying the head unit is rubbish.. Is there really NOTHING I can do to solve this issue and get the bass working with the volume!? Is it just a replace headunit solution?
sad to say thats it.... unless you havent tried putting the gain to 5% and bass boost off etc... Leaving it at half where you have it could totally be overgaining and you are at max output at all times because of that.

sad to say thats it.... unless you havent tried putting the gain to 5% and bass boost off etc... Leaving it at half where you have it could totally be overgaining and you are at max output at all times because of that.
I guess im just going to have to set the gain to 5% as you said and leave it at that then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif .. In one way its not too bad because I can always just bump the level higher for the subwoofer setting I guess but if I ever need to turn the volume down, I will have to remember to set the sub woofer level down as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

never heard of that brand until someone asked about it last week and here we are with problem with them already..
It actually is meant to be a good brand.. Bought a Joying unit before as well and it lasts 2 years till I sold the car and the sub woofer hooked up to it easily as well with no problems.. This one, they introduced some digital amplifire bull **** with surround sound and although the door speakers themselves sound nice and clear.. Its all pointless if I cant get a sub woofer working with it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Have sent a question to the joying company who usually replies back all the time, so will be seeing what they have to say. Thanks guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.