BamBam28 sent me a blown Orion H2 12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
well double check that , otherwise I don't see what the problem could be unless the motor got demagnetized somehow
gain is set to nom, tried setting to master and single

well the subwoofer has a little sound and tiny bit of virbation, but doesn't move one bit....

i vote shifted motor....

a re mt motor was shipped to me a while back. ups had there way with it and shifted the pole...and a mt motor is solid to...

the bigger they are ,the harder they fall when the ups guy throws it into the truck.....

well he shipped it via fedex, i hope he has insurance on it.....i want my money back...but having doubts that i can get a cent back...

i need to get me the hcca 12.2. anybody have a 12" sub that can handle over 2000rms with same diameter cutout as the h2 at 11-1/2"?

How is the motor going to shift without cracking the basket //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
http://images.cardomain.com//products/ori/ORI27306_1.jpg
The entire motor doesn't move; the motor core gets knocked loose from the epoxy that holds it in, and it pinches the voice coil and locks it in place. I bought a pair of Orion XTR Pro 10" subs in a ProBox a couple of years ago from a guy at work. The box had been dropped and shifted one of the motor cores. The sub looked mint, absolutely not a blemish on it, but I could have walked on that cone and it wouldn't have moved. Magnetic force really works against you when that core shifts.

The shipment was automatically insured for $100, but I hope you saved the packaging. I've been through the insurance fight with Fedex a few times, and their claims department gets ugly. Take plenty of pics of the sub and the packaging before it gets picked up, they'll likely bust it into a hundred pieces during the claims/ return process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

plyer3

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
plyer3
N Little Rock, AR
Start date
Participants