Backup Camera Install Issue with Pioneer AVHX3800BHS

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just recently installed a Pioneer AVHX3800BHS double din and Esky EC135-05 back up camera. I followed all directions to a “T”.

The issue I’m having is, when I put the car in reverse, the screen switches to an all black screen and says something like “The picture may be in reverse” and gives you the option to exit, however, no video from the camera is displayed.

What’s confusing about this is when I manually view the camera using the Pioneer menu, the camera successfully works, and video is displayed from back up camera.

FYI: During installation (as suggested by another member) I tapped into the reverse light trigger wire located under the dash, and connected to the Pioneer wiring harness that is labeled “reverse signal” or something like, it was purple/white. Also, I installed that parking brake bypass module too if it makes any difference.

Side note: Many tap into the reverse brake light to power the camera, however, because the Xb bulb is located in the bumper (difficult to access), I ran a separate power and ground directly to a 12v accessory source (red, switched on by key) and chassis ground.

What could be going wrong? Is it a setting in the stereo? I’ve ran through the menu several times, tried selecting anything I could no luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.