Backup Camera: Factory Tailgate to Mirror / Factory Tailgate to Aftermarket Radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

bwt20racer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all!

I have a 2012 Chevy 2500HD Crewcab. There is a backup camera mounted in the tailgate that shows on my rearview mirror when I put it in reverse. I have an aftermarket radio (Kenwood DNX890HD) that I am wanting to show the stock reverse camera onto the screen of the aftermarket radio (or on both the mirror and aftermarket radio at the same time).

Thanks in advance for any help!!

~ Jeff

Just split the signal coming from the camera and run the second signal to the reverse camera hook up on the back of your new head unit
Use a RCA splitter.
Then just do everything needed to hook up the reverse camera but if all your wondering is how to get it to run to both then an RCA Y jack should be all you need.
This is all assuming that there is an RCA connector somewhere in the line. if there isn't it would almost not be worth it
I don't have a ton of experience doing back up cameras but I have hooked up a bunch of CCTV security cameras which are basically the same thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.