Back up camera power source

Participant count
  • Participant list

dean7276

Hi all, Happy Holidays. Newb here with a newb question. For a rear view camera I understand you have to wire the reverse trigger wire to the reverse lights but can you wire the red 12v wire to the reverse lights too since the only time I want the camera to be on is while in reverse? or do you want the camera wired to be on at all times and just sending a signal while in reverse?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

The reason for that is power comes from the reverse bulb wire and not all cars have OEM reverse camera. Does the red wire coming out of the...
Hi, I installed a new Kenwood dnr476s head unit along with idatalink maestro Rr, the HRNI1, the HU-Ken1, and the nav1 adapter. It works well...
It only works when the car is in reverse. Also, some units have trigger options in the settings menu.
Try to reset again and if that doesn't work, try updating the firmware. To update the firmware for Alpine X800D, you can follow the instructions...
How positive are you that the reverse camera power supply was spliced in with a reverse light wire? If you used one of those blue wire splicers...

About this thread

dean7276

dean7276
Fort Worth, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
dean7276