back of the box...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rapt0r
10+ year member

AZ
hey again, now that i have my box almost done, i need to know about the positive and negative plate on the back. I just went to radioshack, and grabbed 2 of them (one for each sub) and I was wondering if there was a certain type i should get, or if the ones I got are alright? and should they just go in the back of the box? thanks for you help!

Originally posted by Rapt0r hey again, now that i have my box almost done, i need to know about the positive and negative plate on the back. I just went to radioshack, and grabbed 2 of them (one for each sub) and I was wondering if there was a certain type i should get, or if the ones I got are alright? and should they just go in the back of the box? thanks for you help!
if its 1 box with 2 subs in it, divided or not....you reall want to wire them together and then just have one plate on it....you can do it the way your talking about, just probably not the best idea. iof they are in two completly different boxes (for example on opposite sides of the trunk) then the way your talking about doing it is the only way.

okay, i'm making a sealed box, but with 2 subs, so there is a board right down the middle, seperating the 2 chambers. Where should i put the one, if I only use one? and how should I wire it? thanks again:D

are they dvc or svc? nowadays i guess they could be quad also....so you need to decide what impedence you want to wire them at, chances are you want to come as close to 2ohms......so them you just choose a side for the plate and drill a small hole through that center board to run the wiring for the sub, then be sure to silicon is up good!! you can refer here for wiring possibilities:

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html

good luck

there dvc..and there's two of them. I checked out the JL site...are those just for JL's subs? hmm, anyway, this stuff seems confusing so any more help is appreciated! i'm stil new at this:banghead:

2 duel (2+2 ohms) subs (the alpine 1021d's)

EDIT: see if this diagram helps..its the one from the manual:

speaker.jpg

still not sure how to wire that through the box though:confused:

yes, that creates a 2ohm total load....the amp will see a 2ohm load. I wouldn't use one of the terminals b/c u'd have to drill a hole the the chamber separater. Even if u use silicon......the point of the barrier is to separate the chambers....no leakage period. The easiest and best thing to do IMO is use 2 terminals, one for each chamber. I don't see how using just one terminal and drilling a hole in the divider is very beneficial at all. SO, on each sub.....wire the positive to the other negative, like in the diagram (grey). Then wire the remaining positive and negative to the terminal in each subs chamber. Now, when u run wire from the terminal to the amp, combine the positives from both terminals by striping the end of the wire and twisting the together tightly. Do the same for the negatives. Then insert them ino the amp. This creates a 2ohm load, and i requires no drilling through the divider.....and it works 100% i've done this for myself and friends numerous times b4. hope that helps, and gets u on ur way! tell me if u have ne more questions.

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.