BA SE60 vs. MB FSB216 vs. Infinity 605cs

Participant count
  • Participant list

SSpiro
10+ year member

.:] Audiophile [:.
All three would be from ebay. All around the same price, give or take $10-15.

I'm leaning towards the Infinity's. Would love some input from you guys on what route you would go and why. This is for front stage, on a budget.

Thanks!

EDIT: Take that back.. All the infinity's are now sold out on ebay. I guess the 6010cs or 6020cs would work.

The only ones on that list I have direct experience with are the BA SE's and they are very nice for the price. Nice midbass, very efficient too. I ran mine on about 50wrms each in my house for a few days and they were able to rattle some glass casings in my room when I ran some test tones through them. Once I put em in my car I gave them about 175wrms per side and they still took it and got very loud. Nice tweeter too. Some people say BA tweets are bright but I've yet to see a comp set that someone didnt say the tweets were "bright", so I tend to disregard that part of reviews. I'd say you cant go wrong with them. I've had a few BA products and they've never disappointed me.

Only experience I have with Infinity were my reference coaxials. They sounded pretty nice. They were off axis in kicks on about 50wrms each and they took it with ease and got plenty loud. The tweeters are kind of hate it or love it with Infinity stuff though.

Hmm, OK. Makes sense. I've always been a fan of BA's also.

Anyone have any experience with the MB's? There are a few different series in this same price range. I know they used to be great years ago.. but the reviews on these are spotty and i'm nervous.

Trying to stay under 75 for used gear.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Oh, and does anyone know the difference between the SE60 and S60? As far as I can tell, one is 6-1/2 and one is 6-3/4?

Hmm, OK. Makes sense. I've always been a fan of BA's also.
Anyone have any experience with the MB's? There are a few different series in this same price range. I know they used to be great years ago.. but the reviews on these are spotty and i'm nervous.

Trying to stay under 75 for used gear.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Oh, and does anyone know the difference between the SE60 and S60? As far as I can tell, one is 6-1/2 and one is 6-3/4?
Se handles more power and supposedly more efficient.....and looks more smexy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.