b-pillar vs c-pillar vs standard ported box

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassAndBeer

CarAudio.com Elite
I want to do a b-pillar instead of a c-pillar, heres the question. how much louder is a b-pillar compared to a c-pillar or a ported box in the cargo? also, im building for demos but still want to be satisfied if i were to put it on a meter, should i go 4th order or slot port in the center of the box? b-pillar

Bpillar should gain about 3db over a cpillar. Either a flat ported wall or 4th order will do fine. Depends what subs u have and what enclosure will be best. The enclosure is the make or break of the build.

doing a b-pillar will give better hair tricks. as your making the cabin smaller. so ya it will be louder as the subs are right behind you.

and ya depends on the sub's whether you go slot port or 4th order.

is this car or truck ? what is is?

what subs are you going to use?

I don't really care for high bass notes so maybe a slot port in the center would be ideal for me, I think a 4th order would get lower though wouldn't it? I have havoc 18s, 4 of them

Bpillar should gain about 3db over a cpillar. Either a flat ported wall or 4th order will do fine. Depends what subs u have and what enclosure will be best. The enclosure is the make or break of the build.

93 suburban, 4 havoc 18s they do good in both sealed and ported enclosures. so a 4th order is an option, but I just want loud lows and the highs are a bonus. don't really care much for 40hz and up. gna be running two Q1-4500s on each pair at 1 ohm

doing a b-pillar will give better hair tricks. as your making the cabin smaller. so ya it will be louder as the subs are right behind you.and ya depends on the sub's whether you go slot port or 4th order.

is this car or truck ? what is is?

what subs are you going to use?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.