AVH-P8400BH vs AVH-P4400BH

NickCR
10+ year member

Stereo Moron
Hello All,

Looking for some advice. These two decks look great.

I noticed that the P8400BH is a little bit better in certain ways than the P4400BH. SD slot, Apps, etc. The GUI also looks a little more polished on the P8400BH.

I heard that some people are able to control the HU with their iPad / iPhone? How does this work, with bluetooth, an app from the appstore?

Does that feature exists on both HU?

What other items am I missing. It would be great to compare the two here in this thread. Right now the P8400BH is $100 more than the P4400BH which isn't bad at all if the differences really measure up.

Thanks in advance!

I've got an 8400 sitting in my trunk waiting on an amp and couple of subs to come in. I'll let you know as soon as I get it installed.

Love Costa Rica...been there a couple times

I just went to costa rica last spring. Amazing country and i would love to visit there again! the food is AMAZING and so are the women lol

and as far as the 8400 vs 4400. i believe the only difference really is that the 8400 has the MIXTRAXX DJ software on it. its essentially the same exact unit

Hello All,
Looking for some advice. These two decks look great.

I noticed that the P8400BH is a little bit better in certain ways than the P4400BH. SD slot, Apps, etc. The GUI also looks a little more polished on the P8400BH.

I heard that some people are able to control the HU with their iPad / iPhone? How does this work, with bluetooth, an app from the appstore?

Does that feature exists on both HU?

What other items am I missing. It would be great to compare the two here in this thread. Right now the P8400BH is $100 more than the P4400BH which isn't bad at all if the differences really measure up.

Thanks in advance!
My brother has the new 8400bh in his truck and its a pretty nice radio. For only a $100 difference, Id just get the 8400bh if it was going in my car. I believe the difference is that its detachable, apps, sd card slot and the mixtrax.

My brother has the new 8400bh in his truck and its a pretty nice radio. For only a $100 difference, Id just get the 8400bh if it was going in my car. I believe the difference is that its detachable, apps, sd card slot and the mixtrax.
Apps making it essentially a navi unit as well because you can operate various navigation based apps from the unit. Well worth the 100$ imo.

I think the major points have been covered, and I will confirm based off the dealer reference guide.

8400 adds - detachable faceplate, SD/SDHC card slot, 2nd rear USB input, H.264 WMV video format compatibility, MIXTRAX, dual zone audio/video, and advanced app mode. As kMethod pointed out, free navigation on the unit through your iPhone is a huge saving if you don't mind the constant data usage.

I had a 4400 and it was OK... I found a deal on the 8400 so I returned the 4400 to get it. It blows the 4400 out of the water. The screen is ssssssssoooooo much better. Having a second USB is very handy. Buy the 8400 with out a doubt.

Thanks guys I got the P8400BH as it has a much better screen, the dettachable face is a must in CR and I really like the Inteface and some of the features better.

Love mine...

SAM_1951.jpg

and great custom install

SAM_1939.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.