AVH-P3200DVD Wiring Question

bimmel20

I am trying to install a new AVH-p3200DVD head unit in my 2005 Ford F150 Supercab. It appears that the only two wires that I have left from my stereo harness is the yellow w/black stripe "MUTE" wire and the purple "REVERSE-GEAR SIGNAL INPUT" wire. I had a blue "REMOTE" wire also, but it got connected to my parking break bypass for some reason. Any thoughts about these extra wires? Thanks!

Remote wire connects to the remote wire coming from an amplifier. If you dont have an amplifier. Whoever butted the remote from the harness to the parking break bypass is an idiot. The purple I woud think butts up to a rear view camera when in reverse. These will be fine to not be connected to anything.

While I do not pretend to understand why, the directions that came with this "parking brake bypass" that I purchased on ebay definitely says " Blue wire from bypass connects to remote turn on wire on Pioneer head unit (usually blue with white stripe). If you have an amp already connected to this wire simply tap into that connection."

Does this sound right or not?

agreed with brad whoever did that butt connection of remote wire to parking brake is an idiot... personally i do not have this model unit but i did install one in my buddies car not to long ago and we just used a switch ... the switch is set up as followed... 2 prongs on the bottom one for power in and one for load power out... now, seeing how its only a one channel switch it doesnt really matter which way it is wired but basically what you want to do it wire the parking brake wire from the head unit to the switch (seeing how it actually does have power running to it...if you dont believe me multimeter ir urself) and then to the other prong on the switch run it straight to the ground. all the parking brake is used for is to complete the circut... unfourtuneately for this unit in my experience it must be cycled in order to work ... but on my jensen vm9214 i just hook it straight to the ground and it works....

as for the extra wires...

the remote wire(blue with white stripe) this would go to an external amp if you have one

the mute wire (yellow with black stripe) does not need to be hooked up if your wire harness doesnt have one

the reverse gear wire (purple) would only be hooked up to sense the car in reverse for a back up camera if you have one

I hope this clears up any problems you may run into...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.