avh-2300nex usb issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
so, i got the 2300nex installed and it plays music just fine from a disc, but it says unsupported usb after plugging my flash drive in. Oddly enough, it played music right after i installed it and it attempted to create a db file but it was taking waaaaaay longer than the 4500bt would take to create a new db file. Im not at a place where i have access to a computer to take the old db file off. Its the exact same drive i pulled out of the old deck tho, so its odd that its "unsupported", stranger yet is that it worked initally

i just had my first break at work and i plugged the usb drive that i have on my keychain (32 gb) that contains ALLLLL kinds of random sh1t on it, and it read it just fine. My computer at home reads the one that the new deck wont, and my android OTG cable allows me to access it on my phone, it just wont allow me to delete that db file and the systems we use at work are all citirx powered, so i cant even see the drive when i plug it in here (not a fault of the drive, rather a system limitation of citrix for "security")

so, i got the 2300nex installed and it plays music just fine from a disc, but it says unsupported usb after plugging my flash drive in. Oddly enough, it played music right after i installed it and it attempted to create a db file but it was taking waaaaaay longer than the 4500bt would take to create a new db file. Im not at a place where i have access to a computer to take the old db file off. Its the exact same drive i pulled out of the old deck tho, so its odd that its "unsupported", stranger yet is that it worked initally
Databases can corrupt when unplugging so you are gonna have to either reset the HU to see if its the headunit or pull all the music from the usb and start over fresh with new copied music
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Databases can corrupt when unplugging so you are gonna have to either reset the HU to see if its the headunit or pull all the music from the usb and start over fresh with new copied music
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Right on. That was my thought as well. I'm hoping to not have to reset the deck, but I am at home now, so I have access to my 2 desktops and 2 laptops, so I should be able to rectify it between the 4 units somehow lol

ok, so the old pny flash drive that is "incompatible" with this NEX unit was replaced by a samsung unit 128 gb in size (i got a sammy since the 32 gb flash drive on my keychain worked just fine) and its causing the head unit to bootloop with it plugged in, but works just fine with the other flash drive connected.... WTF???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.